Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 NA with the stainless works longbtube header, hi flo cat and cat back exhaust, with the weapon r secret weapon cold air intake. I feel like the car lagsbwhen it takes off, and have been reading on here about the exhaust combo that it should be tuned to get it feeling right and get it outta the gate screaming. I want to super charge it but not till later on, what do you think i should do with it. Should i take it to the dealership to getbthe GMPP tune or get a hand held tuner and do it myself, im not familar with all the tunes, but have read somewherebthat the trifeca tune unlearns??? Is thatbthe case? And any input?

·
Premium Member
10,471 Posts
GMPP tune is for the 2.0 GXP only and not for the 2.4 NA.
Your car been a NA with the Mods you have should have a tune to take advantage of the Mods.
That said it should not hesitate or lag as you say.
The Trifecta tune for a NA is fine and there is no such thing as unlearn on a 2.4 ECM.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
While there is no lag, per se, the stock ECM does limit the instantaneous torque, probably by ramping the throttle, so it is harder to break 'em loose. Tunes generally give you all the throttle you ask for, increase the rev limit, reduce the cooling fan on temperature, and require premium fuel. I just received my Werks tune; if it is anything like the tune I had in an ECM that failed for other reasons, I'll have my snap back.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
I'm tuned and it definitely reduces the throttle lag. My NA is much more fun now!

And you don't necessarily have to use premium fuel. I'm not tuned for premium fuel. I asked what it would get me, was told maybe a couple hp and decided it wasn't worth it.

·
Vendor
1,394 Posts
Like Ihawk mentioned, you can get the tune for 87 or 93 octane, the biggest things are the removal of what is called the nanny controls which WintR touched on. Even if you go for the 93 octane tune though there is not a lot of power that a NA tune is going to give you. Just getting the snappier throttle response usually makes people happy though.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Just a question here,can you tell me why you would not just go to Ebay and buy a cable like for instance ELM327 USB Interface OBDII OBD2 Diagnostic Auto Car Scanner Scan Tool Cable v1.4 | eBay Maybe not this particular one but there are many .If you own the tool then you do not have to rent one .TYhe cost to ship one back could go twoard the purchase of a cable for your tool box.I know there must be a reason for it just wanted to get your input

·
Vendor
1,394 Posts
Just a question here,can you tell me why you would not just go to Ebay and buy a cable like for instance ELM327 USB Interface OBDII OBD2 Diagnostic Auto Car Scanner Scan Tool Cable v1.4 | eBay Maybe not this particular one but there are many .If you own the tool then you do not have to rent one .TYhe cost to ship one back could go twoard the purchase of a cable for your tool box.I know there must be a reason for it just wanted to get your input
You can not tune with that cable, it does not include any software for flashing. You could probably use that cable with some software out there to read out the bin file, but then you will need to track down the tables in the bin file and after that figure out what the tables you find do to fueling, spark, idle, valve timing, etc.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I do run the 93 octane fuel in my car, I have since I bought the car, well its good to know about the gmpp tune, but I've been bouncing between the vector, trifeca and werks tune. I do wanna do other power adders to the motor, just not sure what to do, maybe a mild super charger, but don't know all what combos go good with the ecotec motor. Wanna add some braces and my new suspension but cand decide between the koni or billstein shocks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts