Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GXP has two leaking shocks and I have been wanting to lower the car so why not fix both problems at the same time. I found a new set of shocks and springs for the NA ZOK on ebay Link. My understanding is that these springs have the same rates as the FE3 but they are shorter. Will this work or is it a stupid idea?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I did the same to my sky. It had the standard le5 suspension and bought the same stuff from the same guys on ebay. Cant beat the price. But, how much was lowered, I think it should have been that way from the factory. It was nice for a while and was happy with how it looked, but Im probably going to pick up springs to lower it a touch more and even it out. Right now, it has a rake with that setup. Wasnt too much of a change in the rear, maybe 1/2" and up front was possibly up to an 1" lower but no more. Just take out the second perch. So, no its not stupid because 1. Its all brand new stuff at basement price and 2. Plug and play. Only thing is youre stuck with the stock spring rate and not the better lnf zok spring rate. Which was nice for me since I went from the le5 spring rate to the gxp/redline spring rate so it was an improvment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts