Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

81 - 100 of 310 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
Thanks Rob, and to all that are helping, for athe great work on this.

I have not been to the Royal Gorge for a long time. My Crown Vick won best of show there many years ago. Ran into a cousin I had not seen in years and established a life long relationship with her. They will be attending the event with us. Really happy to see it on the list.

I assume you have parking set up for tow vehicles, will have the motor home and trailer. Plus I think the kids are bringing the green car. Will get them all entered when the final decisions are made on our side.

Looks fantastic so far.

Robotech, myself and San Diego Roadster club have been talking about a regional event for 2019 in September. Will talk more about it this weekend on our Julian run.

Of course will be depending on you a lot to get ours right!!!! You are not getting off the hook after next summer buddy!!!! lol

·
Super Moderator
15,943 Posts
We are planning on a mix of old and new car show events.

Voting
Our voting will all be based on voting by attendees and in one case by the hotel staff. The hotel is providing its own trophy and only hotel staff can vote. Each registered car will be eligible to enter one of four classes. Each entrant will be provided with a voting device (a bucket) that will be placed in front of each car on show. Each attendee will be provided with a single voting chit for each class. They put their chit into the voting device for their selection in each class. The bucket with the most chits wins that class. We will be providing trophies for first place and runner up in each of the four classes plus on Friday there will be voting for people’s choice that will include all cars at the Nationals.

The classes are:

Factory Stock at 5 feet. This class is for cars with no visible modifications to the exterior and maintain a from the factory appearance. Tunes, exhaust, suspension mods are all ok. Custom paint or aftermarket body parts will be excluded from this class. The five-foot rule is to allow minor imperfections on a ten-year-old car to not detract from a well-cared for car that should be competitive in this class.

Modified Class. This class will include visible modifications up to an investment cost of $5000. Custom body panels, custom paint, custom interior all are allowable in this class, with an upper limit of $5000 invested. We are not asking for receipts, it’s the honor system but if you have a full custom interior and exterior then you probably don’t want to be in this class to be fair to everyone.

Highly Modified Class. This class can include any mod you can think of as long as it cost you more than $5000 and less than $24,999. This class will allow people who have spent a lot of money on their cars to compete as a group and with fair competition for everyone. If you spent $25,001 you are not in this class!

Open Class Modified. This if for the people with kappa modification disease. You spent more than $25000 on mods with no upper limit. Bring it on!:grin:

In all cases, entrants are free to conduct any kind of campaign to help sell their car to the judges. No money can change hands but you are free to engage with the judges in any manner you think will be effective. >:)

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
I don't know Rob, I think you need to make this a two week event. To many places to go and see and not enough time! We may have to stay an extra week. Looks like you have something for everybody. Good job!!!!!!!!! :thumbs: Now we start the hard job of deciding where to go and what to do. Decision's Decisions :crazy:

·
Super Moderator
15,943 Posts
Thanks Rob, and to all that are helping, for athe great work on this.

I have not been to the Royal Gorge for a long time. My Crown Vick won best of show there many years ago. Ran into a cousin I had not seen in years and established a life long relationship with her. They will be attending the event with us. Really happy to see it on the list.

I assume you have parking set up for tow vehicles, will have the motor home and trailer. Plus I think the kids are bringing the green car. Will get them all entered when the final decisions are made on our side.

Looks fantastic so far.

Robotech, myself and San Diego Roadster club have been talking about a regional event for 2019 in September. Will talk more about it this weekend on our Julian run.

Of course will be depending on you a lot to get ours right!!!! You are not getting off the hook after next summer buddy!!!! lol
Car parking is on the top of the parking garage. You can get a pickup there but I don't think I can get my two car hauler trailer up there. But there is plenty of parking near the hotel including a huge parking lot up the hill where the employees park. We could get ten semi's in there and still have room for all the normal parking.

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
What are the columns in the self-paced cruise doc? They are not labeled.

I think all the movies need to be car themed!

·
Super Moderator
15,943 Posts
We are still looking for volunteers to lead cruises or hotel events. If you see any cruise that you want to lead, let me know. This includes any of the self paced cruises. If you want to lead one of them officially we can set it up for you.

If you want to help with any of the hotel events, we can set that up too.

·
Premium Member
3,517 Posts
We have a draft event plan that is undergoing internal review before it becomes official. But I am happy to share the current draft as I think its very close and you understand that it is subject to change.

This is the cruise set that are provided with leaders. The plan is to limit mountain cruises to 7 plus lead size. The mostly freeway cruises are 10 plus lead.
wow - is that spreadsheet right ? 250 is a ONE WAY miles value ? Sounds like an extra seat cushion is going to be needed !

·
Super Moderator
15,943 Posts
The longest cruise is to Gateway. But well over half that distance is freeway at 65 to 75 MPH speed limit. It's a great ride but I don't anticipate a lot of demand

The cruise I laid out for RMNP is a loop. If the final plan is out and back it will be shorter. As I said it's a draft.

Another consideration. Driving to Evergreen is a half hour freeway trip. If you are more interested in being in evergreen that is the way to go. The FUN way is 80 miles of amazing mountain twisting and great vista views. That is my preferred route. We will be offering several similar alternate routes

In addition, in the event we have one person in a car, we will offer to take people along who want to participate but don't want to drive, or left their car at home. I have an open seat for my cruises for example

·
Super Moderator
15,943 Posts
Its official, DDM is coming to the Nationals in Blackhawk next June! Start saving up your pennies so you can buy lots of product to have it installed next year.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Already signed up!

Its official, DDM is coming to the Nationals in Blackhawk next June! Start saving up your pennies so you can buy lots of product to have it installed next year.
I have the first appointment on the first day to have a DDM supercharger installed. Hopefully I will be joining the cruises by the second day.

·
Super Moderator
15,943 Posts
Just sent out an email to all our volunteers. Want to confirm that I have a good email address for everyone then we can start working up the detailed plan for each event and firming up assignments. That is the necessary precursor to opening up sign up for events on the 2018 website. If you are a volunteer please check your email. If you want to volunteer, we have plenty for you to do. We can of course add more cruises as we get more volunteers. Right now we have 11 cruise destinations and 14 hotel events on the schedule. Most are offered several times over the course of the week.

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
We are planning on a mix of old and new car show events.

The classes are:

Factory Stock at 5 feet.
Modified Class.
Highly Modified Class.
Open Class Modified.
Can we squeeze in a 100+ thousand mile show for cars with noticeable dents, fading, and imperfections?! Consider it a public service to all the Sol owners who don't want to put miles on their cars! It's the only category my car really belongs in. :lol:

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
Yay! I'm ordering one to be delivered at Nationals. Mine will be unlit so easy to install but any experienced help will be greatly appreciated and compensated with beer!

·
Super Moderator
15,943 Posts
Ordered the voting chips for the car shows. Each registered guest will get one vote - represented by a chip. They place them in the bucket next to the car they are voting for. The chips will be retrieved and counted. Each voter will get their chip back at registration so they can vote daily. At the banquet, the chips will be available for people to take home if they want.

Attachments

81 - 100 of 310 Posts