Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Public not allowed in till this Saturday. Do we have any media or industry people in the forum that can get us earlier info/photos from the press and industry previews? Maybe we can all chip in to fly Pammysolstice to Detroit for the weekend. Her pictures were great. There will be a LIVE 2 hour feed on NBC network TV Saturday the 23rd from 1-3 (EST I guess).

·
Registered
667 Posts
CNBC will have segments on all day every day of the event. This morning they interviewed the CEO of GM and as he was speaking of GM's future they showed the Sky being driven on stage. It was just a quick look, but I liked it! :thumbs In the audio background of another segment the reporter said "That rumble in the background is the new Z06". It sounded great, but they did not show it. Yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'll be at the show on Thursday. I'll be flying home that evening and hope to start posting photos around 10:00 p.m. CST.

·
4,592 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
RODEO said:
don't see rubber top stops on this one. it does have the xm antenea. no waterfall badging. anything i missed?????
Zoom on the pics the rubber things are still there. Maybe a little smaller I don't know.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
It looks to me like it may have some sort of winglet on the very last picture. However, the picture is not a high res, and it is shot from a decent distance making it hard for me to tell whether it truly is a winglet, or a reflection, or something else.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
aawil said:
If you need a passenger seat warmer they've got those, too! :cheers

·
Registered
27 Posts
If the shots posted are any indication, the NAIAS my be a disappointment as a photo op. Looks like there's little opportunity to get close, sit in the car, or raise the top.

From the press releases thus for, the Solstice seems to be a non-event as far as the NAIAS is concerned. Lots about the Sky and fuel cells. Since the Solstice was introed last year, it appears that it's not being emphasized at all.

Oki_Sol

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm not expecting any announcements. There's no scheduled press conference for any pontiac products. I was hoping for some more news but it doesn't look like were going to get it.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
okie_sol said:
If the shots posted are any indication, the NAIAS my be a disappointment as a photo op. Looks like there's little opportunity to get close, sit in the car, or raise the top.

From the press releases thus for, the Solstice seems to be a non-event as far as the NAIAS is concerned. Lots about the Sky and fuel cells. Since the Solstice was introed last year, it appears that it's not being emphasized at all.

Oki_Sol
NAIAS doesn't start till the 15th. These are just pre-show opertunities for some media people. Hopefully as we approach the official NAIAS opening day people will eb able to get better images.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
okie_sol said:

Oki_Sol
I think the info we want on Solstice (specs, markets pics, ordering info, etc.) will come out with less fanfare over next couple of weeks/months. The focus at Detroit is on the Sky right now as that's the new baby. I'm sure there will be a press release but final specs are not Detroit auto show kind of fanfare (need drama, car rolling out on stage).

I totally agree on getting close to Solstice. I'm still holding out hope after we get past these first couple of shows they'll let us near the thing :jester

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Anyone notice?

-location of what appears to be a non retractable, non powered antenna (pass side, just behind the door opening, or just behind the silver panel with the humps).

-rather obvious XM antenna in the middle of the decklid?

-No-doubt Goodyear Eagle RS-A tires (recognize that tread anywhere). Hope the 0.90 g skidpad is real (from one of the england mule articles, maybe C&D).

Even though we've seen it, it sho-nuff is purty!!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yeah I saw the non power/retractable antenna, and I am sort of dissapointed in it. How hard would it be to swap that out for a power antenna?

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
solsticeman said:
Anyone notice?

-location of what appears to be a non retractable, non powered antenna (pass side, just behind the door opening, or just behind the silver panel with the humps).

-rather obvious XM antenna in the middle of the decklid?

-No-doubt Goodyear Eagle RS-A tires (recognize that tread anywhere). Hope the 0.90 g skidpad is real (from one of the england mule articles, maybe C&D).

Even though we've seen it, it sho-nuff is purty!!!
I did notice the antennas. They are kind of obvious on the car! In fact, all of GM's XM antenna's look like little sore thumbs on their cars... literally! :lol

·
4,592 Posts
noted the stick antenea on the LA auto show pics PammyS took, and it was a different car than this one.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Hhhhuumm, second guessing black now. May need to see the interior color choices with black.

On another note, what's with the passenger seat in this pic? Is it the angle of the pic or does it appear higher than the driver one?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,409 Posts
mceb said:
Hhhhuumm, second guessing black now. May need to see the interior color choices with black.

On another note, what's with the passenger seat in this pic? Is it the angle of the pic or does it appear higher than the driver one?
It is not the angle, I believe there must be an adjustment to the back of the seat as you move it. Who ever drove the car, probably adjusted it for his/hers comfort and forgot to set it back to match the passenger setting, just a guess on my part.
:confused

1 - 20 of 40 Posts