Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thinking about a vanity tag for the new black GXP coupe. In MD, you can have seven letters, counting spaces. Here are some I am considering. If you have a strong preference, let me know, or suggest one of your own.

2XLR8
fastrnu
sol noir
solrare
ublosin
eclipse

and one in tribute to the Ravens:
WONSB47

I had thought of a dozen more, but they were taken....

Thanks,
Ron

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
If he's a Raven's fan, I'd go with...

NVRMORE

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If he's a Raven's fan, I'd go with...

NVRMORE
Good one :yesnod:

What a drug- and alcohol-ravaged genius EAP was. Still gets mysterious visitors to his grave here every birthday.

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
RAREONE
RARECPE
SCARE1
FEWCOUP
RARENJN (rare indian)

rare means not widely known or recurring only at long intervals or not widely distributed; scarce means not enough or deficient in quantity or number compared with the demand

·
Registered
350 Posts
Good one :yesnod:

What a drug- and alcohol-ravaged genius EAP was. Still gets mysterious visitors to his grave here every birthday.
I am a fan of EAP, not the wierd creepy kind, just intrigued by and enjoy his stuff. Added to the raven fan, my vote so far is nvrmore.

I like the obscure references. Do not like the 2fast4u types because there is always someone faster. Plus cops love writing tickets to those types.

I saw '500togo' just last week on what sounded like a blown 04 or older mustang gt. Sounded hot but I always love the sound of mustang exhaust...so easy to sound good for some reason.

rarenjn is cool, but not to Native americans possibly. I would not skirt that.

Debadge the letters off the back and do BLK SOL, or MYSTSOL for mysterious sol....

My excursion (on 37s) says "XCESIV" and the replies I get at gas stations is "no shyt"

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
RAREONE
RARECPE
SCARE1
FEWCOUP
RARENJN (rare indian)
Couple of good ones there....

So far I like nvrmore, because of the Ravens (jet black-colored bird), Edgar Allan Poe / Baltimore connection. Plus, the Solstice is to be made "nvrmore" :thumbs:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am a fan of EAP, not the wierd creepy kind, just intrigued by and enjoy his stuff. Added to the raven fan, my vote so far is nvrmore.

I like the obscure references. Do not like the 2fast4u types because there is always someone faster. Plus cops love writing tickets to those types.

I saw '500togo' just last week on what sounded like a blown 04 or older mustang gt. Sounded hot but I always love the sound of mustang exhaust...so easy to sound good for some reason.

rarenjn is cool, but not to Native americans possibly. I would not skirt that.

Debadge the letters off the back and do BLK SOL, or MYSTSOL for mysterious sol....

My excursion (on 37s) says "XCESIV" and the replies I get at gas stations is "no shyt"
Yes, I had black sol in my original list -- solnoir is French for black sol. If the Native Americans were offended by rarenjn, I could always say it was rare engine.

Thanks to you and everyone who has posted suggestions and votes.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
You might well find it's taken. There's a MVA site where you can check first.

... well there used to be. I can't find it now :(

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,475 Posts
Yes, I had black sol in my original list -- solnoir is French for black sol. If the Native Americans were offended by rarenjn, I could always say it was rare engine.

Thanks to you and everyone who has posted suggestions and votes.
There is a Sol Noir (user) on this forum.

Sol Noir

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There is a Sol Noir (user) on this forum.

Sol Noir
I guess great minds think alike ;)
That wouldn't stop me from using it on a MD plate, although that's not going to happen, as solnoir didn't make the cut. Thanks for pointing that out.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You might well find it's taken. There's a MVA site where you can check first.

... well there used to be. I can't find it now :(
Soup, do you have a MD vanity tag?

·
Registered
350 Posts
I knew what sol noir meant, does not roll off the tongue...also makes me think of wine...ahhh, a good Pinot Noir...good thing its almost 5

1 - 20 of 28 Posts