Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
How many cars are on each run?

Is this 8 plus Road Captain to make 9 total?

Why do some runs have more than 8 listed as signed up?

One example is the Wineries 2 run, the sign up site shows the Tuesday as closed 8/8, and the Wednesday closed with 10/8

06/18/2017 Sunday 10:00am 0/0 201 (not assigned) -
06/19/2017 Monday 10:00am 2/8 202 Mike Tew SIGN UP
06/20/2017 Tuesday 10:00am 8/8 203 James Lyddon [RUN CLOSED]
06/21/2017 Wednesday 10:00am 10/8 204 Jeffery Lawrence [RUN CLOSED]
06/22/2017 Thursday 10:00am 0/0 205 (not assigned) -
06/23/2017 Friday 10:00am 0/0 206 (not assigned) -
06/24/2017 Saturday 10:00am 0/0 207 (not assigned) -
The target for each run is 8 participants plus the Road Captain.
The overages you see are a glitch in the reporting script, and do not reflect the actual number in the group. Basically the software was adding multiple runs together to get the number displayed.

We do have one run "oversubscribed" with 9 participants, but that is a run (among several others) that we are working on adding parallel groups, and we will balance participants when we are able to schedule the additional run. If a run is closed on a given day, we are working on adding another group to do the same run on the same day at a staggered time, or in a different direction.

To accomplish this we are actively recruiting run leaders, so if there is a run you want but can't get because it is full, consider leading one.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Just signed up last minute to come to NASSAM!! All paid and ready to go!! Just got approved vacation for the week today at 530pm!

·
Super Moderator
6,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Excellent! You are number 147!
Here is the current breakdown by state:
OH 23
MI 20
IN 11
KY 11
ON 9
NJ 8
IL 6
TX 6
MD 5
FL 4
GA 4
KS 4
MO 4
TN 4
MA 3
MN 3
MS 2
NY 2
WI 2
AL 1
AR 1
AZ 1
CA 1
CO 1
CT 1
IA 1
NE 1
OK 1
PA 1
QC 1
RI 1
SC 1
VA 1
WA 1
WV 1

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
I want a Coupe hat!!!!!!
We now have coupe hats. If you want one email us at [email protected] and specify in the message header "Hat" and we will send you a invoice via PayPal. Also include if you want to pick it up at the event or would like it shipped. Hats are $25 specify color and if you want a mesh or twill ( mesh hats will need your size SML) shipping will be extra.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
We now have the problem with some of the posted runs fixed. If you wanted a particular run and it was not available before you may want to go back and check it may now be available. Plus we have added some additional runs on days that were previously full.

·
Registered
353 Posts
We now have the problem with some of the posted runs fixed. If you wanted a particular run and it was not available before you may want to go back and check it may now be available. Plus we have added some additional runs on days that were previously full.
I think I still see a glitch.

Wineries 2: Elk Creek, Equus Run on Wednesday is closed (run 204) as it shows a full 8/8 count

However if I go to NASSAM 2017 - June 18-24 2017 It show 9 participants for run 204 plus myself as road captain to make 10.

·
Super Moderator
6,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
I think I still see a glitch.

Wineries 2: Elk Creek, Equus Run on Wednesday is closed (run 204) as it shows a full 8/8 count

However if I go to NASSAM 2017 - June 18-24 2017 It show 9 participants for run 204 plus myself as road captain to make 10.
I think that the overage occurred before the glitch was fixed, and as far as I can tell that is the only run with an "extra" car. While we were designing the meet we discussed the maximum run size and decided that 10 cars is the practical maximum. We then chose to limit sign-ups to 8 so that we weren't at the maximum for every run. In past meets we have run 10 cars as a nominal, and that run does not include any areas that are prone to group separation, so you shouldn't have trouble with it.

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Still hoping to make this event. Spinal surgery went well and now home but not allowed to do anything. BLT...no bending, no lifting and no twisting. Hard to follow!

Doc says no sports cars for at least a month. No driving for at least 2 - 3 weeks. Going to see Doc for second follow-up in a couple weeks. Will try to get answer from him then about traveling to Lexington.

If nothing else, the wife and I will still make the trip but in the truck. Hoping there will be some kind of activities at the Host Hotel. Of course, meeting and talking with members, cook-out and banquet will stay on my schedule along with viewing the car show.

Visiting nurse says Doc may not be too wild about the small car and a stick shift. Might have to drive 30-40 minutes, stop and take a break for 10-15 minutes.

Plan on taking the wife out for driving lessons in the Solstice as soon as I am allowed to be back in a vehicle.

Certainly hoping I am allowed to make this trip...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Visiting nurse says Doc may not be too wild about the small car and a stick shift. Might have to drive 30-40 minutes, stop and take a break for 10-15 minutes.

Plan on taking the wife out for driving lessons in the Solstice as soon as I am allowed to be back in a vehicle.
As one who is driving from northern Florida to Lexington in one sitting(minus lunch, dinner, and rest stops) I couldn't imagine how long that would take me to get there. GMaps says 11 hours 40 min!! I'm also in the boat of might teach my GF how to drive stick so I;m not doing the whole way.

Hope you can still make it either way seems fit!

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
JohnWR - sent you a PM

·
Super Moderator
6,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Closing the book on 2017:

We finished with paid registrations for 165 cars and 269 people, but actual attendance was 157 cars and 257 people.
We had 3 participating vendors and another 3 that made contributions. As usual, DDM was the biggest in both participation and contribution.
Our contribution to Central Kentucky Riding for Hope is $9,000.

Our biggest loss resulted from the tours that had to be pre-paid, as we had the typical 20% no-show for runs and several of the people who did make the runs have failed to pay for them.

Thank you to everyone who came, without you there wouldn't have been an event.

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
Thanks JohnWR and Hoosier GXP. Great effort no question. Would have loved to have made it. Hope I get to meet both of you at the Colorado National.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Some under hood photos

Some people's cars were as pretty under the hood as above.

Attachments

81 - 99 of 99 Posts