Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

NASSAM 2017 - Lexington, KY

19K views 98 replies 28 participants last post by  stevebot39 
#1 ·
To proceed with planning for the proposed 2017 NASSAM in Lexington I have created a simple website that will have information about the event and a contact page with a questionnaire. I am trying to avoid cross-posting the same information on multiple forums, and I refuse to use Facebook, so this seemed like a reasonable idea. I guess we'll see how it works.

The website is temporary, and will be replaced by something official some time in the fall. That site will have all of the normal registration and sign-up options.

Right now the site has one of Judy's pretty pictures, a contact form, and a dot on a map showing the approximate center of the places we are talking to for the main event location. As we progress I will add information about the runs and other activities.

The website is here: https://kappasinkentucky.wordpress.com/home/

Please check it out and tell me if you have any problems. While you are there, fill out the contact form, and volunteer to help!

#31 ·
Just asking in case the worst happens, cancellations ARE allowed are they not?

#33 ·
From the email they sent:
Guarantee Rules and Cancellation Policy
Your room is guaranteed with a(n) VISA card.
Cancel by 6:00 PM Hotel time 1 days prior to avoid 1 Night penalty. There may be additional applicable charges and taxes.
Room taxes are included in penalties.

#32 ·
Neither link is working here. Tried three different browsers on two devices and nothing works...

#34 ·
I am booked - 2 cars and 2 rooms this year.
( I used the phone number )

:driving: :thumbs: :D

#35 ·
Just got off the phone with the Sheraton and the 16th and 17th are all booked up with the group. Was able to book the group rate for the rest of the days...
Hopefully another block of rooms get added.

#36 ·
The official start of the meet is the 18th, so the block doesn't really start until then. They did tell me that they would honor the block rate for two days before and after on a space available basis. Apparently the weekend before (16th and 17th) is full.

Sly Bob: What didn't work? I will find out if the on-line reservations only work within the US.

#39 · (Edited)
The place isn't full as I was able to call and book the two nights before while on the phone but at a higher nightly rate. The link that was provided showed the rooms available from the 16th so that's what I was trying to book. I may well cancel the 16th and 17th then.

#42 ·
Cancelled my reservations for the 16th to the 18th. Gonna see when the Toronto gang is heading down.

#44 · (Edited)
Here are some questions and answers from Sky-Land:

1) The Reg. fee is for the event & charity or for the hotel booking reservation? I understand the site will be updated later, I just unsure where the link was for the fee and to whom or what it goes to?

2) I did check the hotels links listed and have no problem with them. Is the May 18 2017 listed for the registration for the event date or the hotel booking reservations?
1) The event registration fee of $80 pays for the event materiel: Badges, Badge Holders, Directional Signs, Printed Schedules and Maps; the Thursday Night Banquet; and the Wednesday Night Barbeque. It also covers the costs of any meeting rooms that are not comp'ed to us for using a bunch of hotel rooms; a photographer to take the group car picture; and a security guard to watch over the cars every night.

The amount is based on estimated costs in some cases, and anything that doesn't get spent on the event will be donated to the charity. I'll be happy to show the balance sheet to any attendee who is interested, and may even display it during the banquet even though some final expenses won't hit until after everyone goes home.

The payment information for the registration fee will be in the event website that should go live sometime in October. The fee will be paid into an account that I have set up for the event.

2) The 18 May date is actually three things:

A) It is the last day you can book a room in one of the blocks and still get the reduced rate.
B) It is the last day that you can register (and pay) for the event without paying a late registration fee, and
C) It is the day you can cancel your registration for the event and still get your $80 refunded to you.

I hope this answers your questions. Please feel free to ask about anything else that concerns you.
I think this was posted already, but I will say it anyway: Reservations made in the blocks are like any other reservations, and can be cancelled up to the day before your scheduled arrival without penalty. I do request that, should you have to cancel, you do it as soon as possible, preferably before the 18 May cutoff date. It helps the hotel, and it makes us (OK, me) look a lot better to them.

Here is the answer to another question from Sky-Land:

Both blocks (Sheraton and Fairfield) should work with their respective rewards programs. Also: Neither block has any attrition clause, so if you can get a better rate on your own, I have no problem with you using that instead of our block. There will be a check-box on the registration form asking where you are staying, and whether you used the block, but it will be for informational purposes only so that we can understand, and let the hotels know, where our people stayed.

#45 ·
sent you a text

#49 ·
Mr. Google tells me that it is only about an hour and a half drive from the Bown Hotel in Louisville to the hotels in Lexington. I'm strongly leaning toward a stop there around noon on Sunday, June 18th for an original Kentucky Hot Brown before I head over to NASSAM. Anyone heading to the event from any part of the country on or west of I-65 ought to consider the same.

Reactions: sirwm
#51 ·
Apologies for being out of touch, several really long (70+hour) weeks at work followed by the flu, and combined with Judy breaking her ankle, and, well, sometimes life gets in the way.

Mark has the website ready, and once I finalize a couple of financial details we will be able to start registration. I am thinking it may be a week to 10 days, although hopefully less.

Thank you everyone for your patience.

#52 ·
sad news... No Corvette Plant tour...

#56 ·
The motor belongs in the front. If people wanted mid engine, there are plenty of examples around that can be picked up today.

#58 ·
The official line is that the plant is going to be down for about 6 months for new equipment to be installed, finish up the new state of the art paint facility. The worker at the plant are going to be on an extended vacation while this is happening. It sounds like a layoff to me.

They are "getting ready" for 2018 model year production.

Read into this what you will!

:dunno:

#59 ·
Registration for NASSAM 2017 is finally open.

You will find a link to the registration page on the Home page of the informational website: Kappas in Kentucky

For a direct link to the registration page you can click here: NASSAM 2017 Registration

At the present time you cannot sign up for runs, as I have only received two commitments for run leaders. When we have a few more leaders committed we will add run sign-ups and I will make a further announcement.

#60 · (Edited)
PLEASE NOTE:

We are having an intermittent problem with the PayPal link. If you get a "Empty Shopping Cart" error you can do one of three things:
1) Go to PayPal direct and send the proper amount using the email address at the bottom of the registration page.
2) Mail a check or money order to John Riedel 794 Jairus Drive Lexington KY 40515 with "NASSAM 2017" on the memo line or
3) Log back into your registration page and complete the checkout following the link provided.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

#61 ·
Managed to register use paypal, and get a room at the Fairfield. I also signed up to for possible run leader positions for a couple of the shorter runs, if my navigator actually arrives on wendsday as she plans. Hope to see some of you there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.