Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Great to see all the information about runs and events on the web site. What vendors if any have signed up for the event?

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
that will be added shortly

some are committed...some...no so....

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE

THE RADISSON IS SOLD OUT 6 MONTHS IN ADVANCE

I have cajoled the hotel to move 7 rooms to "open status"
(OC members were upgraded to make this happen)

Once these 7 are gone you will be referred to another local hotel. We will (hopefully)
have another 40 rooms made avbl within a 5 mile radius at these locations. We do NOT know which hotels
these will be until the C of C advises the Radisson .

Granted some rooms have been reserved "on spec" by people who won't register till Spring...and
some may even cancel. You may wish to be put on a stand-by list, but there is NO GUARANTEE that
Radisson rooms will be come avbl.

this has been a publicc service announcement brought to you by your NASSAM2019 OPERATING COMMITTEE!!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Where do we send the $75 registration fee & Tee Shirt $ to?

Lar Bear from the "North Coast"
Solstice 5 spd GXP Coupe
The event website... 2019 NASSAM: Registration

Fill out the registration form and click "submit". On the next page click on the PayPal button (unless you're mailing a check). On the PayPal page there are three (3) drop down menus, please address all of them...and follow your nose.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,195 Posts
The event website... 2019 NASSAM: Registration

Fill out the registration form and click "submit". On the next page click on the PayPal button (unless you're mailing a check). On the PayPal page there are three (3) drop down menus, please address all of them...and follow your nose.
There is a mailing address on the second page of the registration form, if you don't want to PayPal it. I know several people that don't trust PayPal with any info whatsoever.

:FWIW:

·
Registered
137 Posts
I didn't notice the registration form had multiple pages. Thanks for the assistance in figuring out how to submit my registration $$

Lar Bear from the "North Coast"
Solstice 5spd GXP Coupe

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
s/b a lot of NEO OHIO cars attending

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
TWO IMPORTANT POINTS

The Radisson is FULL, but 3 other hotels close by can take your reservation...they are Comfort Inn...the Staybridge, and the Hilton.(prices may vary)

POINT #2...NASSAM2019 is only 130 days away...you may have a room already, but have you registered for the Event ???

·
Premium Member
3,517 Posts
...NASSAM2019 is only 130 days away...you may have a room already, but have you registered for the Event ???
Yes ! I am registered.

:cool:
:party:
:driving:

·
Registered
227 Posts
druid-2 any more information on the car show? will it be extra cost to enter, any classes such as stock or modified best wheels best paint ect.?

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
THIS IS NOT CARVED IN STONE, but represents what MIGHT be our categories
(Will be posted to NASSAM2019.com shortly)

1 - Best Wind Restrictor

Professional Division/Wild Mods - defined as > $5,000 in non-performance mods
2 - Best Lighting
3 - Best Kappa
4 - Best Kappa in Show - People's Choice

Classic Division/Mild Mods - stock, performance and/or appearance mods <$5,000 total
5 - Best Sky
6 - Best Solstice Convertible
7 - Best Sostice Coupe
8 - Best Lighting
9 - Best Kappa
10 - Best Kappa in Show - People's Choice

Non-Trophy Awards -
Best Interior
Best Exterior/Paint
Best Underhood Art
Best Engine Bay
Best V8 Kappa
Most Unique Modification
Best 100% Stock Kappa

·
Registered
227 Posts
Are there any vendors going to be at the event? Might want to order some parts to pick up at the event. Will there be an area for car wash or will we have to find local place in town?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Well call me stupid but I am apparently missing something. Started the registration process, chose a t shirt, went to paypal and while the t shirt showed in the product description the total was $75 and should have been $95 with t shirt. Can anyone tell me what I missed? I did not finish the payment as I didn't think it was correct. Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
there is a drop down you missed

get in touch with [email protected] and Karen will fix you up

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Are there any vendors going to be at the event? Might want to order some parts to pick up at the event. Will there be an area for car wash or will we have to find local place in town?
It's all on the website

a list of vendors is there. If you are buying parts, deal directly with the vendor and arrange (if possible) to have them delivered to corning. SOLO is a vendor, but you'll have to go to Buffalo (Mufflerman on Delaware Ave ) to pick up parts

and there is a car wash area too

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
TWO THINGS

you may have your room reservecd, but are you registered yet...don't wait too long

#2...there will be a Car Care Q&A where all the noobs can ask maintenance questions about their car.
We could use a couple of gearheads present to answer the "under the hood" stuff

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,195 Posts
I do not want to sound like I am complaining, but the web site has very little concrete information regarding the event. There is no run information, almost no concrete information regarding events, no information on the other hotels, since the Radisson is full, and even that I didn't find out from the website.

It's all on the website
Therein is the problem. The website only has very limited general information, very little specific info.

a list of vendors is there. If you are buying parts, deal directly with the vendor and arrange (if possible) to have them delivered to corning. SOLO is a vendor, but you'll have to go to Buffalo (Mufflerman on Delaware Ave ) to pick up parts
There is nothing on the website with respect to vendors, nothing.

and there is a car wash area too
Also nothing on the website.

Perhaps you were referring to the Facebook page, but there is almost no information there as well, at least it isn't findable.

But then, perhaps I am expecting too much.

Don't mind me.

Thanks.

:dthumbs:

·
Registered
227 Posts
DaveOC thanks I thought it was just me that could not find the information on the web site.I did not see any info on vendors that was why I ask about them. I ask about car show and did get a reply but also told info would be on web site Have not seen anything. Would like to know if any extra cost for car show. Any schedule for runs? Any other things planed for the other days after the meet and greet?

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,195 Posts
DaveOC thanks I thought it was just me that could not find the information on the web site.I did not see any info on vendors that was why I ask about them. I ask about car show and did get a reply but also told info would be on web site Have not seen anything. Would like to know if any extra cost for car show. Any schedule for runs? Any other things planed for the other days after the meet and greet?
I'd love to be able to answer your questions, but I don't know anything more than what is on the web site.

There is a facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1281003665336545/ but you have to be a facebook member.

There is info here, SkyRoadster forum, and KappaPerformance Forum, but for some reason the forums do not seem to be getting much attention from the organizers.

That's all I have to say, other than I do not plan on attending, it's further than I want to drive to get there and back.

My loss!

:dunno:

41 - 60 of 69 Posts