Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
That's over an 11 hour drive for me. At 78 years old, that's a bit much. Oh well, maybe 2021 if there is one and I'm still around.
I'm 79 and I am driving the winter Solstice 14 hours Tucson to Black Hawk for the 2018 NASSAM. Finger Lakes will be a relative short drive from Cleveland with the summer Solstice

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
As Dave O'Connor will testify.....
I've never been an expert on the demographics of Kappa ownership, but I believe what others have posted in the past. The largest part of the Kappa fleet is in Coastal California, Texas, Florida, and strangely, Ohio and Michigan.

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
We have quite a few down in the San Diego area, but it doesn't seem to be many in the LA area. Frisico seems to have a large group. I have been told there are three going from the San Diego area. I am planning on bringing two. Hope I can get everything done.

New York is just too far away, no desire to drive my car that far. The one in 2020 sounds doable.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
We will be there!!

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
official logo for 2019

( notice that the dates of the event are slightly different from the past events ( as was previously disclosed ) )

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
What hotel will be used?
Corning Radisson as far as I know, but the reservation procedure hasn't been set up yet, in order for you to get the group rate.

Patience is the order of the day, information will be released on solsticeforum, skyroadster, and facebook, also as far as I know.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
227 Posts
I am not on Facebook and never will be I hope all information will be posted on here also

·
Super Moderator
15,965 Posts
We got over 400 members on FB. On the forums we got 20 posts. For sharing info on an event FB has become essential. It's a reality. Currently it's possible to hold a successful event without any info here. While I am not a lover of FB either, for communicating info that is immediate and not for historical storage it is the big dog.

Open an account, share info there for the event then delete it. You do yourself a disservice by refusing to join

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
We got over 400 members on FB. On the forums we got 20 posts. For sharing info on an event FB has become essential. It's a reality. Currently it's possible to hold a successful event without any info here. While I am not a lover of FB either, for communicating info that is immediate and not for historical storage it is the big dog.

Open an account, share info there for the event then delete it. You do yourself a disservice by refusing to join
I agree. Join FaceBook, set your privacy settings, choose your friends carefully, and simply do not post anything you do not want known.

·
Registered
227 Posts
With all the great information about our cars on here and all the information about past events why would you not post the 2019 information here? I hope the people that are setting up this event will please post the information here. I think it would be a disservice to all forum members to not have it on here.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
With all the great information about our cars on here and all the information about past events why would you not post the 2019 information here? I hope the people that are setting up this event will please post the information here. I think it would be a disservice to all forum members to not have it on here.
Of course it'll be posted here, who indicated otherwise?

Right now, reading this thread, you know as much as I do, and I'm on the planning group for 2019. As the information is developed, it'll be posted here. I'll post as much here as I know.

The same info will be posted on FB, skyroadster.com, and kappaperformance.com

Please feel free to ask your 2019 questions here also, and we'll do our best to answer them.

:thumbs:

·
Super Moderator
15,965 Posts
I am just describing my experience. We got a few forum members from time to time but many inputs daily on FB.

You know I love this forum for the data content and sharing with all my fellow members, but to connect with the extroverts who show up FB has to be part of the mix.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
21 - 40 of 65 Posts