Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,849 Posts
As was stated on the Sky forum, my only "issue" was the wording of the posts, and is the reason you were getting questions about the non-functioning website.
Updates are always good, and you only have 50 more weeks to keep people interested.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Hello Everyone. As promised it is July 15th and our 2020 website is up and running - https://www.nassam2020.com/. Please feel free to read through the "Basics" page for the who, what, when, where and how much ($$). The registration page works just like any other online store. Click on the link to that page, and then by clicking the "Registration" button you can walk through the process of signing up, choosing whether to buy t-shirts, posters, coins and patches. The hotel reservations page has a link to the hotel website, just choose your dates and you should be on your way. You may also call the hotel directly with the information provided on that page. And don't forget to check in once in a while to see if there is anything new by clicking on our "What's New" page. We'll update that as any plans change or any updates are made. And, of course, if you need any help or would like to comment just contact us at [email protected]. Hope to see you in Rapid City in 2020.

·
Super Moderator
15,943 Posts
I found the site easy to use and helpful. I signed up for two rides on Monday and Tuesday. Monday is the badlands and Tuesday is Needles highway. I have never done the badlands run but I KNOW the Needleshighway is a world class run.

We are arriving on Saturday to have plenty of time to unload, get into our room and explore the local area. Sunday will be setting up the cars, unloading and getting the maintenance class area ready to go.

The room reservation link worked well. It shows ONLY a 2 queen room, but they have lots of different configurations. You can call and ask for the room you want or put it into the notes on the registration page.

Looks like a fun time. Hope we can take a lot of club members as its very close geographically and a great area for site seeing and gambling!

We are taking the truck and hauling the cars and gear.

We have 9 cars committed on day two.

I am hoping we get 12 RMSSC cars to show up. Eventually will need to coordinate on group parking. Plenty of time for that

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
So a bit of a side note. I did the Mt. Rushmore trip last year...it was fabulous. Go at night to see it!! I also just got back yesterday from a week long trip to Yellowstone. INCREDIBLE! Those of you that have the time/money and haven't seen Yellowstone....if you're going to the SD meet, take an extra 4-7 days and go to Yellowstone. It's only about 450 miles away. Maybe even get a group to go together! There's a lot of twisties in the park too! ;) We spent 7 days there. 3 days at the Old Faithful Inn (very rustic and, eh um...kind of run down) and 4 days at the Canyon Lodge (brand new this year!!). The issues with lodging at Yellowstone is this: No internet and very little cell service. No A/C. No TVs. But it gets down into the 40s and 50s at night...usually. It's not cheap (about $375/nt inside the park for lodging), and you have to book almost a year in advance to get rooms in the park at almost any of the Lodges. There was also one other one called the Lake Yellowstone Hotel and Cabins that we visited and it fit somewhere in between as far as star ratings. There are several others to stay at... But it would be fun if you are "mobile" and can do some walking. I will warn anyone that's thinking about this, the park is at an elevation of about 6000 feet and goes as high as almost 10,000 feet, so it does get cooler and does take the wind out of the sails when you do something strenuous. But, there is a cool wagon train dinner out in the middle of nowhere that we took that included an incredible steak dinner (all you can eat by the way!!). We saw countless buffalo, bears, coyotes, eagles, a Wolverine (the only people in several years to see one!!) Elk and lots of other animals. If you'd like to know more or one of the organizers of the SD trip wants more info, PM me and I'd be glad to share all of my experiences, information and of course my opinions! (I'll add some pics in a seperate thread labeled Yellowstone pics)

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Night drives

One word of caution. Night drives in South Dakota are beautiful and magic. BUT there is a LOT of wildlife out at night....antelope, deer, etc, and they cross roads at high speed. At night you have almost no warning. Hitting a deer or antelope can total a Solstice or Sky, and injure the occupants. My point is everyone should enjoy their night drives, but be vigalent. And have fun...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Here is your fun fact for the week. We have 37 registrations all paid in full. If the 6 folks who made hotel reservations all get registered (please do as soon as you can firm up plans)...that will give us six more. And add to that 2 folks who have requested runs (again, please register when you have a chance)...we have a total of 45 cars showing up. That's the news until next Monday. :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Here is your fun fact for the week. We have 37 registrations all paid in full. There are 6 folks who made hotel reservations all get registered (please do as soon as you can firm up plans). And add to that 2 folks who have requested runs (again, please register when you have a chance)...we have a total of 45 cars showing up. That's the news until next Monday. :)

·
Premium Member
3,517 Posts
I just made a hotel reservation. I will not be registering until Jan 2020 at the earliest as I need to work on
getting plans for this trip into reality. :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I just made a hotel reservation. I will not be registering until Jan 2020 at the earliest as I need to work on
getting plans for this trip into reality. :)
Well we certainly look forward to seeing you in June!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Hello Everyone: Hey, someone submitted a question pertaining to our items for sale. We have offered the event poster, t-shirts, a coin and a patch...so the question was raised about whether we considered offering hats as well. That has been done in the past and has represented a lot of work. That said we did think about offering hats and decided against it for this year. But thanks to the individual who asked. We appreciate the interest.

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
BUMP...Hey, just a friendly reminder. Please take a few minutes to book a room. It would be helpful if you register, but at least grab yourself a room.

·
Registered
227 Posts
has anyone had problem getting on the Nassam2020 web site? Can not get it open so I can register

·
Registered
227 Posts
it is working now guess just my computer thanks

41 - 54 of 54 Posts