Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,152 Posts
We in Colorado are now in a similar condition. I have been working from home for two weeks and have at least another two to go. We are mostly enjoying the time without the commute

·
Registered
368 Posts
In Michigan we are in day 4 of a 3 week Shelter in Place order. So I understand. I think you are handling the situation correctly as we will hopefully be past this crisis by June. We are looking forward to attending, but I also will understand if it is eventually canceled due to forces out of our control.

Stay Positive, and Stay Healthy!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Hello folks: People have been asking about the possible cancellation of this event which does seem a reasonable question. Here is our approach...On or about May 1st we have to make final arrangements with the hotel, order t-shirts and a couple of other things. Here in Washington State we are in a "Stay Home, Stay Safe" situation (AKA "Shelter in Place") until the end of April. Until then we are keeping the option open to have the event this year as planned. So, please keep an eye out because we'll likely make a call on May 1st. We have a couple of options we're looking into for postponement, one is to move to later this year and the other is moving to 2022, both of those options have pros and cons we're evaluating. So if we can all hang on until May 1st we'll see where we are at that point and what our options really are with our vendors and hotel. Best regards, Rick and Karen.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Hello Friends:

While we have not made a determination with regard to cancelling the event and will not make the decision until the early May, we have received a few cancellations, not relating to the pandemic situation.

In the future if you elect to cancel for whatever reason please email us at [email protected] and let us know what you would like to do with your registration fees. Please consider the following:

1. DDM made a deposit to rent a tent that is not refundable. Karen and I would like to be able to cover that cost of $1,100.
2. We intend to contribute any proceeds to the charity. Their needs don't go away just because our event did.

It is certainly understandable if you would like to get a refund. Keep in mind that the refund will be less any transaction fees.

Please note, we do not intend to fulfill orders for t-shirts, patches and coins by mail. The amount of work to accomplish the packing and shipment of those items exceeds time available.
Your decisions need not be posted publicly, email will work just fine.

Thank you for your support.

Rick and Karen

81 - 84 of 84 Posts