Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

101 - 120 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Thanks for the update, we are also still planning on attending. I think everyone is away of the fluid nature of the situation, and I for one would not get upset for any contradictory information being posted. It would just be the same as everything else I have heard during this crisis.
We have not signed u for any runs yet as we were waiting for the final word if it was actually going to take place. But we can sign up for leading some runs, we have led runs at past nationals.

Thanks for all your efforts!!!!!

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
As much as I love my house... I am so looking forward to making a break for it! o_O

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Good Morning: Just checking in. We had five cancellations this week which we'll process this weekend. Your refund will come back to you however you paid (by PayPal or credit card). Our total cancellations currently stand at 19 with 103 registrations remaining. Just a reminder that we're trying to hold on to having a gathering of some kind and will be checking back with folks in Rapid City on May 15th. We'll let you know where we are at that point.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Hello Friends:

NASSAM 2020 is postponed.

With regret we have come to the conclusion that we will not be gathering in Rapid City for NASSAM 2020. Karen and I along with the Operating Committee have taken many things into consideration including vendor availability, travel restrictions (both interstate and across the Canadian border), the existing conditions in South Dakota and, of course, the health and well-being of us all. Additionally, we have already had almost one-fifth of the reservations cancelled.

Perhaps the most important consideration other than health is the simple idea that NASSAM is a social event, given current restrictions in South Dakota (groups of less than ten in particular and limited restaurant capacity) there would be little opportunity for socializing, and impossible to have 150 people gather for traditional Meet and Greet or banquet activities. We would like you to understand that we did not make this decision lightly.

We are considering moving this event to a later year, and will be making announcements about future events in Michigan at next year’s NASSAM 2021.
Each individual registration will be receiving an email from us pertaining refunds. You must cancel hotel room reservations yourself. Please keep an eye out for an email in the next couple of weeks, and we ask your patience with us during this process of postponement. It may take us a little time to get through this.
If you have questions please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected].

Rick and Karen

·
Super Moderator
8,468 Posts
Disappointing but understandable. I know that was a tough decision to make.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Thanks for all your work on this. It's a tough decision to make. I'm disappointed but I understand.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Not unexpected We where starting to question whether or not we would attend considering everything going on. Looking forward to Michigan next year and hopefully Rapid City in '22..

Reactions: WickedMike

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
Hey, if anyone is still planning on going please let me know. There are maybe 6-12 folks who have said they were still going and may wish to tag up. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
Before I cancel or change my hotel reservations - would the die-hards still be going for the whole week, coming in on Sunday?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
Before I cancel or change my hotel reservations - would the die-hards still be going for the whole week, coming in on Sunday?
We're not sure who is still going. Over on Facebook I've asked the question, but I have no specifics of travel dates.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Not sure if I count as a die hard but I will be in on Sunday but will probably skedaddle early and take in some other sights on the way back. I will be coming from Dallas but will want to come to Raton, NM and up I-25 to either Chugwater or maybe cut off early but will be going through Lusk and on up from there. Just in case anybody lives along that path.

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
Not sure if I count as a die hard but I will be in on Sunday but will probably skedaddle early and take in some other sights on the way back. I will be coming from Dallas but will want to come to Raton, NM and up I-25 to either Chugwater or maybe cut off early but will be going through Lusk and on up from there. Just in case anybody lives along that path.
I was aiming for a Sunday arrival... depending on what is going on in SD, I might leave early to take the long way back to California.

Reactions: stungjoe

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
I will be coming from Dallas but will want to come to Raton, NM and up I-25 to either Chugwater or maybe cut off early but will be going through Lusk and on up from there. Just in case anybody lives along that path.

I'm undecided if I'm still going. But I live near Taos and could catch I-25 in Las Vegas, NM. Normally I go up through Fort Garland, Colorado, and catch the interstate at Walsenburg, CO. My plan was to go from here to Denver area and split the drive into two 6-hour days. I guess what I'm saying is we could possibly meet up.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm undecided if I'm still going. But I live near Taos and could catch I-25 in Las Vegas, NM. Normally I go up through Fort Garland, Colorado, and catch the interstate at Walsenburg, CO. My plan was to go from here to Denver area and split the drive into two 6-hour days. I guess what I'm saying is we could possibly meet up.
Yep, Raton is 9 hours (most all of it in Texas) from DFW and then another 9 to Rapid City. I would make it to Raton early enough so that I wouldn't be driving into the sun. Depending on where you're at you could go to Eagle's Nest on 64 thru Cimmaron and over to 25. That would be a pretty drive I would think. But that would be a very short day followed by a very long day for you. Plus, I don't think I could make Denver in one day. My butt gets sore in the li'l car..haha

BTW, we used to lodge at Sipapu and do a day or two at Taos when we used to go skiing. Good times with a bunch of cousins and wine drinking Aunts! The uncles were smart enough to stay home ;)

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
BTW, we used to lodge at Sipapu and do a day or two at Taos when we used to go skiing. Good times with a bunch of cousins and wine drinking Aunts! The uncles were smart enough to stay home ;)
I'm the mountain manager at Sipapu. Going on year #12.

Maybe we'll happen to meet up as we're leaving Denver and you are just passing through... depending on everybody's timing.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm the mountain manager at Sipapu. Going on year #12.
We loved that place! 9 cousins and three slightly inebriated sisters (our moms). We actually had more fun at the indoor "OOL"...notice there's no "P" in it...keep it that way!

Maybe we'll happen to meet up as we're leaving Denver and you are just passing through... depending on everybody's timing.
I'm figuring it will be about lunch time somewhere just north of Denver for me. If not on the road then RC for sure.

·
Super Moderator
16,870 Posts
We are planning on a club trip to the area but the timing is still open. Most of our members are "high risk" and we want to make sure that its comfortable for them to attend. It might be later in the summer when things settle down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, disappointing to find out about the cancellation, however, Sarah and I will still be going on the original dates (6/22-6/26) and arriving on Sunday, 6/21. Our Best Western reservation is confirmed at the same rate. We also plan to take the runs we had signed up for. Hopefully we'd like to have others there, as that is really what make the trip and drive!
Take care--Paul

101 - 120 of 134 Posts