Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

121 - 134 of 134 Posts

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
A tough decision but probably the right one. Thanks for your efforts and I hope it can still happen in the future. See you in MI in 2021.

Reactions: WickedMike

·
Premium Member
4,137 Posts
Sadly just a sign of the times I know here in Ohio car shows ,swap meets and organized cruise ins are being cancelled daily and right now it looks like this will be the norm for the summer cruising season .Oh well there is always next year hopefully !

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
Hello:

Karen and I have processed all of the refunds for the NASSAM 2020 event having made our best guess at what folks were requesting (not all communication was entirely clear so we did our best). Please note for some folks that the refunds it could take 7 to 10 days for processing through PayPal and credit cards. Also, keep in mind that we never heard back from some folks, so in those cases we simply refunded all of the registration less fees.

For those of you who made it clear that you wanted to have posters, coins and patches shipped please be patient, it will likely be August before we get to shipping. We simply applied a $7.50 shipping fee to everything, but we are not charging you for the memorabilia itself. Because so many of you had graciously donated to the charity, we’ve elected to cover the cost for those items. We'd like to thank Steve and Darlene Hilkin for their contributions towards the posters, Karen and I are donating the cost for coins and patches.

As so many of you were generous with your contributions to the charity, we'd like you to know that Karen and I elected not to recover any of our other costs in planning the event. Additionally, because we are postponing to 2022 our vendor DDM is not incurring any cost that will be unrecoverable. We're working out the pennies, but with your help we should be donating about $8,500 to Make a Wish. Thank you so much for your participation in supporting the event and with any luck at all we’ll see you in Rapid City in 2022.

Best regards,

Rick and Karen

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
I was one of those unclear ones, I thought I paid for my wife and I but I only paid for me. I asked for a refund of one, donate the other. Once I realized, I just donated mine. Still want my shirt and coin though!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
I was one of those unclear ones, I thought I paid for my wife and I but I only paid for me. I asked for a refund of one, donate the other. Once I realized, I just donated mine. Still want my shirt and coin though!
The shirts will not be produced. The company is still shut down due to COVID-19 and we needed to get refunds out. Please send an email to [email protected] if you ordered a poster, coin or patch and I'll double check that we still have you on the list for mailing.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
Hello All: Just a final thought before we basically close down this thread. We'd like to thank everyone on the planning committee for their help in planning of the event. With any luck at all we'll be gathering in two years in Rapid City. As for now we turn our attention to NASSAM 2021 in Bellaire, Michigan. Keep an eye out for that news here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/407800586760081

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Reactions: CycleCat

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
please consider adding the Saab Heritage Museum in Sturgis to the list of attractions.
If they don't make that a run, I'll go over there with you, Steve! I have had two SAABS and they were some of my favorite cars.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
Any chance of getting a moderator to unpin this thread and replace it with the 2022 notification for Rapid City? Please. The 2022 thread link is in the post immediately above this one. Thanks!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
If they don't make that a run, I'll go over there with you, Steve! I have had two SAABS and they were some of my favorite cars.
Driving through Sturgis is on the Devils Tower Run, but we don't have enough time to stop at the suggested museum. However, we will be sure to add the museum of places folks may wish to visit. And please note in my posts just above. This thread is replaced with the 2022 Rapid City thread.

121 - 134 of 134 Posts