Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a number of mostly over-sized parts I'd like to clear out of my storage area, and with NASSAM approaching I figured it might be a good time to see if anyone wants to pick anything up on their way there. I'm located about 20 minutes east of Lansing, MI, but if I sell enough I can also just load up my truck and deliver everything in one shot to Shanty Creek.

Flexible on prices, with increasing flexibility as you purchase more. My goal is to clear this stuff out without it ending up in the trash. I'm not trying to pay my bills with sales, but also not going to give too much away.

I apologize in advance that most of the parts are dusty, anything that sells will be cleaned nicely once I get it out of storage and before pick-up/delivery.

Door panels - Passenger has typical small bubble forming, Driver side is like new. $60 $40 passenger, driver side $SOLD
I also have some of the innards, if there's a switch or something you're after.

Fender liners, front driver side fender liner, GXP, or either side rear, all OEM $40 $20 each.

Wiper shroud $40 $20

Fender brackets (these have some surface rust in spots) $40 $20 per side

Tow Loop thingy $20 $5

GXP floor mats w/ red stitching (The wear looks worse in the photos than in real life, I promise.) $60 $40. Can ship these as well.

JBL speakers/tweeters for non-monsoon system (makes the base radio useable with the top down, no need for additional amps.) $40. Can also ship these. SOLD

More continued below...

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Trunk carpet. Has small holes for coil over adjustment. Bottom $60 $20, top $40 $20

Washer Fluid bottle w/ pump $40 $10

Tulip panel, no flaps $60 $40

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im looking for the drivers side door lock switch. If you have it how much?
It's there but let me confirm condition and operation tonight before I quote you anything.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welp, the switch can't be separated from the door panel without cutting tools, which I can't do to a part I'm trying to sell whole.

Kind of explains why you can't buy just the switch.

And boy would I have been pissed circa 2009 if I walked into a dealer with a just-out-of-warranty car and been told this.

In other news, I have the whole panel if you want that! :LOL:

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Do you still have the panels???? I want to recover mine, but need a practice one so that I know what i'm doing first...LOL

·
Registered
249 Posts
Thanks but I think I found a work around with a new OEM switch for $25 that was used on the Malibu. Only difference is the label orientation which can be remedied by simply swapping the switch cover.
Hi, would be so kind as to share with us the part number for the Malibu switch? I'm wondering whether I could cut out my '06 door panel and fit a swithc to the same place as later models had them form the factory.
If I lived in the US would defnitely buy newer door panels instead of cutting mine.
Since I live in Brazil and would cost heaps to ship door panels (which one day I might be able and willing to pay if I find the better looking chrome accented Sky/Opel GT panels)...
I figured could buy a Door trim kit such as the one below, and use the kit's switch cutouts as templates.

·
Super Moderator
8,437 Posts
Hi, would be so kind as to share with us the part number for the Malibu switch? I'm wondering whether I could cut out my '06 door panel and fit a swithc to the same place as later models had them form the factory.
If I lived in the US would defnitely buy newer door panels instead of cutting mine.
Since I live in Brazil and would cost heaps to ship door panels (which one day I might be able and willing to pay if I find the better looking chrome accented Sky/Opel GT panels)...
I figured could buy a Door trim kit such as the one below, and use the kit's switch cutouts as templates.
Are you wanting to match the OE look, or are you just looking for door lock/unlock function? Function is easy to achieve with a generic pushbutton and a resistor.

·
Registered
16 Posts
View attachment 113537
Yeah sure. So this is what I found on Amazon.com. Actually if you scroll down to the reviews on this switch a guy has already done the swap on his Saturn Sky. The two differences are the button cover, which he explains you can simply put the old button cover on the new one, and the led light color is white instead of red. To me that's not a big deal as long as I have a working switch again. I haven't ordered this yet and done the swap but I will after I work on some other things.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Are you wanting to match the OE look, or are you just looking for door lock/unlock function? Function is easy to achieve with a generic pushbutton and a resistor.
Matching OE look would be nice, and I especially planned to go this route because I didn't realize before there is a trim kit for '06 non-switch panels, so thought the open stamping for the switch on the trim kit, without a switch in it, would look lame.

I've found the lock/unlock retrofit thread here some time ago, so was aware it could be done with other switches. Actually my plan is to try it out first with a round switch that I'll install into the TC switch blanking plate. Later on this spot would ideally be occupied by the TC button itself (a big IF I manage to make it work) and then the door panel switches would come in handy.

Yeah sure. So this is what I found on Amazon.com. Actually if you scroll down to the reviews on this switch a guy has already done the swap on his Saturn Sky. The two differences are the button cover, which he explains you can simply put the old button cover on the new one, and the led light color is white instead of red. To me that's not a big deal as long as I have a working switch again. I haven't ordered this yet and done the swap but I will after I work on some other things.
Hang on, if you haven't ordered the Malibu part yet, I think you can get the correct(-ish) switch if you search for a Pontiac G6 switch. I asked you about which part you found, since the Sols/Sky ones come with a triangular backing to hold it in place, but of course if you're not adding a switch to your car like my case, you probably will get by with just a new switch - no need to get a new triangular backing, you can reuse the old one.

Here's the G6 switch from Dorman's website. Do note they list a GM part number for it (15777128) so you can also order AC Delco or OEM. I'm not sure but would figure this woul have the red lighting since that would be Pontiac's standard at the time?

EDIT: Back of Dorman's G6 switch also looks compatible. Also forgot to add the URL: Dorman Products - 901-198

·
Registered
249 Posts
Oops. The icon on the switch is still different. My bad. But maybe better than having "tumbled to the side" icons. Your choice

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bumping for new lowered prices. Also cross posting to facebook at this time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts