Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,951 Posts
WM, has the Michigan Kappa Group ever discussed holding a regional type show? It seems like there are enough MI members to make it happen. I could see a Michigan Regionals draw participants from Ontario, Ohio, Indiana & Illinois.
Rather than suggesting that someone else do this, why not work on it yourself?

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Rather than suggesting that someone else do this, why not work on it yourself?
John because the title of this thread is National Meet Discussion. I was discussing alternative ideas. BTW, have I done something to offend you? Because it seems like you take an adversary position to some of my postings. Feel free to block me if my postings irritate you.

·
Super Moderator
5,951 Posts
John because the title of this thread is National Meet Discussion. I was discussing alternative ideas. BTW, have I done something to offend you? Because it seems like you take an adversary position to some of my postings. Feel free to block me if my postings irritate you.
Well, yeah, I got the idea that you were discussing different ideas, and think that as long as they don't conflict directly with the NASSAM, more and larger meets are a great thing. My comment was based solely on the fact that your post made it appear that you, like many others, seem to be in favor of meets but want someone else to do the heavy lifting. My intention was to suggest that planning something would be better than asking if someone else was going to.

As far as taking adversary positions to posts, isn't that the basis of a true discussion? An idea or opinion is posted and others either agree or disagree with it. I can disagree with something without being irritated or offended by it, but I will see if I can make my comments less offensive and/or irritating.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well, yeah, I got the idea that you were discussing different ideas, and think that as long as they don't conflict directly with the NASSAM, more and larger meets are a great thing. My comment was based solely on the fact that your post made it appear that you, like many others, seem to be in favor of meets but want someone else to do the heavy lifting. My intention was to suggest that planning something would be better than asking if someone else was going to.

As far as taking adversary positions to posts, isn't that the basis of a true discussion? An idea or opinion is posted and others either agree or disagree with it. I can disagree with something without being irritated or offended by it, but I will see if I can make my comments less offensive and/or irritating.
Choptops done as much or more for this forum than anyone and has never been rude. Please learn respect when speaking to others. He was asking a question and making observation to wickedmike, and you responded by implying that he doesn’t do enough. You picked the wrong outlet to express your frustration with armchair quarterbacks and then you tried to justify it with your last paragraph, which has nothing to do with this situation.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts

Before one can start planning anything, a discussion has to take place to figure out if there any interest in the first place. Regardless, I'm not going to get drawn into an discussion, debate or argument about the who, what, or the why of my questions. Life is too short, and I'm old enough to know that people rarely change their minds about anything. As I said, if you find my postings irritating please feel free to block me.

Now can we please just move on and get back to the discussion about Nationals.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts