Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the west coast group is starting to organize, some of the LEADERS in this forum should start to get together to work out a national-regional-state club system.

I like the ideas posted on the West Coast groups' get together about alowing Sky owners into the clubs by making our clubs also a Kappa Car Club like they are doing.

Meeting at HH, car shows, football games and drives is nice and make for good activities.
Please read their threads on the topic of formal clubs and let start the discussion.

I've already placed a simular thread on the Mt/Pra Regional Forum.
:grouphug: :party:

·
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Already Active?

To me it looks like, besides the West Coast group there are active club potentials in NE Ohio and Texas- just from your groups pics and the neat things you've done together and are planning.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Regional and National Structure

Thanks for starting this thread. Over at the West Coast Kappa Car Club, we're working on our Club level bylaws for our February meet. Our schedule has us designing the regional and national structure following that meet.

We'll keep you posted, and will be seeking input and review and indeed volunteers to be on the committee starting shortly after our February event. We've got our hands full right now just getting the details for the meet, and the final version of the Bylaws & Constitution hammered out.

Drive on! :cool:

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
NEO's have already welcomed the WCKCC ...but only distance prevents us from "hooking up"
XMM & myself welcome all contacts and the NOVA's have been invited to our SOS run 03-25

That doesn't mean WCKCC's can't come too...but who the hell would drive all the way to Ohio from California just for some twisties...when you can hit any number of canyon roads there

We have no bylaws or rules (as Butch Cassidy once said "there's no rules in a knife fight"). At the moment we don't feel the need. But maybe as we get a more cohesive unit we will see the need.

Perhaps WCKCC could e-mail the bylaws to us....we could use them as a foundation !!!

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
hey whitefang

I'll be in HHI in Mid May along with old lady (2 cars)

anybody want to plan something for the week of May 14-21st...???

·
Registered
83 Posts
Carlisle Events

Has anyone thought of a get together at Carlisle GM Nationals? I'm told there can be a special area set aside if arranged for with the event folks.

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Shoofly21795 said:
Has anyone thought of a get together at Carlisle GM Nationals? I'm told there can be a special area set aside if arranged for with the event folks.

what are the dates.....might be another opportunity for the NOVA/MD club if you are interested in taking the lead????

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Shoofly21795 said:
Sounds cool. My mom lives less than an hour from there, so I could definitely attend if a group was planning to get together there. Is there a deadline to sign up for a special area like you mentioned?

·
Registered
83 Posts
GM Nationals at Carlisle

The event manager emailed me to let me know that a special area can be set aside for the Solstice clubs. He needs as many pre-registrations as possible to do this. The registration for the All GM class is $25.00 and includes admission for two people for the weekend. There is also an original unmodified class which is more. I believe this is designed for higher end classics but I will attempt to clarify.
Details on their web site.
http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=CE&Category_Code=AN1

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
In the SouthWest Solstice Club, SWSC, we have no formal by-laws, dues, web site (although there is conversation regarding putting one up). We have no logo, patches etc.

We have a membership roster (current members are 50) and an e-mail database for communication. We have sent out two e-mail 'Newsletters' and we have organized three meets thusfar:
- High Noon in Texas at Texas Motor Speedway in November
- Houston Chapter meet
- Dallas Chapter meet on Jan. 21.

In addition:
- Houston has another meet scheduled for this Saturday.
- Austin for late March
- Texas Motor Speedway on May 13th

Many of the members of SWSC will be attending the National meet in KC 7/14.

There has been conversatiion about a fall meet 'Octoberfest'.

I am hoping that - at the National meet - there will be an organizational meeting of those present that will establish a formal Club and organization chart.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Roadstar said:
Cool,

Here's ours
<competing forum member solicitation removed>
Shouldn't there be a note included if this post has been edited by a MOD?

And has Roadstar been banned? If so, is this his violation?

Just curious, that's all.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Crimson Avenger said:
The note is between the pointy brackets.

Yes, that's why he was banned.
Yes, I saw the note IN the post, but I didn't make my statement clear.

Usually when a MOD edits a post, there is a note at the bottom which indicates which MOD did the edit.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Gizmo said:
Yes, I saw the note IN the post, but I didn't make my statement clear.

Usually when a MOD edits a post, there is a note at the bottom which indicates which MOD did the edit.
Don't know. Might have been done with a one time custom program to sweep the database for all instances where he peppered the competing forum on our site. I know that's how I'd have edited that many my self were it my site.

·
4,592 Posts
Crimson Avenger said:
The note is between the pointy brackets.

Yes, that's why he was banned.
to clarify, it was the issue of posting his link, but also doing it consistantly here and at sky forum repeatedly, even after multiple warnings, plus there were other issues.... It was mostly a Sky Forum issue which also translated over here.

sman explained it in some thread around here, I don't know where.

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts