Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This website was forwarded to me.
GM states: "we strongly encourage all dealers to not sell above MSRP."
Maybe the price gouging Solstice dealers will stay at MSRP and not want to be on this list.

http://hometown.aol.com/nsdbl/NSDBL.html

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Cool idea. Might touch base with solstice_cancuck to see if he can host it off his order tracking site as self-service (would save you adding all the names).

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mceb said:
Cool idea. Might touch base with solstice_cancuck to see if he can host it off his order tracking site as self-service (would save you adding all the names).
I am not sure who is behind it. It seems to be getting more dealers added!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I was going to put my dealer on the list, but they are already on it. 5 dealers on the list and mine is on it. How lame are they. If I could get my car somewhere else, I would in a heart beat. I'm supposed to b 1 of 5 in the first 4 month allocation. But my sales person told me they ordered two sols with cloth because no one wanted cloth and when the factory said there was a constraint on leather, so they ordered cloth and screw all of us. I'm glad i'm 1 of 5 and not 5 of 5. Oh, and when I said something to the salesman about the recent dealer letter from pontiac about selling at MSRP, he laughed at me. Please, some other dealer tell me I can get a car from you for MSRP and i'm there.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
only six on the list and three are from Oregon? I wonder if it has anything to do with the hype created my the long-lead press event :skep:

It would be nice to see have remarks for each dealer (would hate to see someone erroneously added to the list). like how much over MSRP they are going after.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hiatt is charging $5,000 over, but i'm only getting charged $2,500. I had been at them since last Jan and the sales man promissed MSRP, but said the boss isn't going for that and he got him to knock off half of the markup. I guess I should feel like royalty. :devil:

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lucky you?

SgtMilburn said:
Hiatt is charging $5,000 over, but i'm only getting charged $2,500. I had been at them since last Jan and the sales man promissed MSRP, but said the boss isn't going for that and he got him to knock off half of the markup. I guess I should feel like royalty. :devil:

Have you checked around? There are still honest Solstice dealers that will order what you want for MSRP. Some have allocation left and some do not. Some have cars coming in that are not sold and are at MSRP! I sent a forum member to a dealer today that had allocation. Your time is worth $2500?

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
It's a looooonnnnngggg drive but first supporting dealerpmember GTOj in Texas promised early on to sell none at over MSRP, although he probably doesn'i have any allocation left.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SgtMilburn said:

I find it hard to reward bad behavior and greed. I have even heard of one dealer adding $10,000. to the MSRP! I hope that you shop around and find one at MSRP.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
National Solstice Dealer Boycott List Update

·
Registered
66 Posts
You should also make a list of dealers who ARE selling at MSRP.. I have a feeling that list will be much smaller. The dealer on THAT list is the one who I'll go to buy my car. Otherwise, I'll just assume that all dealers, on your list or not, will attempt to sell above. I don't have much faith in slimey car salesmen.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
lupado said:
You should also make a list of dealers who ARE selling at MSRP.. I have a feeling that list will be much smaller. The dealer on THAT list is the one who I'll go to buy my car. Otherwise, I'll just assume that all dealers, on your list or not, will attempt to sell above. I don't have much faith in slimey car salesmen.
Since these forums are supported by Dealers and Vendors making such a list is not permited since it promotes dealers other then our supporting ones.

Also for the msot part most dealerships are currently not marking up the Solstice. The # of cases of members paying over MSRP are a very small fraction compared to those paying MSRP or less.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
SgtMilburn said:
Please, some other dealer tell me I can get a car from you for MSRP and i'm there.
You might want to check with conejo148. According to one of his posts about a week ago, http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=83294&postcount=36, his dealership still had 2 allocation left. He's in Ohio, but a one-ticket to Ohio and a nice cross-country drive home might be better than a $2500 mark-up. ;)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Sorry - slightly off-topic here but regarding pickup at a distant dealer: I will be picking my car up at a dealer 200 miles away, by highway. I'm worried about doing a proper break in. You're not supposed to drive at a constant speed - high or low - for the first 500 miles. Other than trailering it, I don't see how I'm going to get it home.

Oh, in case someone asks, I'll be driving through the desert southwest, so there are no alternative side roads I can use.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Oh I forgot...
I spoke to a dealer in Austin, TX a few months ago about his 1st allocation and he said he was ordering all cars in for the dealership - no private orders. When I asked what he would be selling them for he laughed and said they would see "what the market would bear"!
Has anyone run into this dealership? I've since forgotton the name and they should DEFINATELY be on this list.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Huntsville, AL

SgtMilburn said:
I was going to put my dealer on the list, but they are already on it. 5 dealers on the list and mine is on it. How lame are they. If I could get my car somewhere else, I would in a heart beat. I'm supposed to b 1 of 5 in the first 4 month allocation. But my sales person told me they ordered two sols with cloth because no one wanted cloth and when the factory said there was a constraint on leather, so they ordered cloth and screw all of us. I'm glad i'm 1 of 5 and not 5 of 5. Oh, and when I said something to the salesman about the recent dealer letter from pontiac about selling at MSRP, he laughed at me. Please, some other dealer tell me I can get a car from you for MSRP and i'm there.
I believe that my dealer still has 2 from the ones he ordered - and he said the same thing about ordering cloth interior becuase of the constraints at the time on leather. Good Luck! I hope you get what you want. I think this may be a bit far for you to travel, but MSRP sellers ARE out there, just may take a little time to find them.

·
Registered
184 Posts
:agree: We always go to the Fleet department to buy our vehicles. They always sale at MSRP or lower.

·
2,574 Posts
MAKsys said:
only six on the list and three are from Oregon? I wonder if it has anything to do with the hype created my the long-lead press event :skep:

It would be nice to see have remarks for each dealer (would hate to see someone erroneously added to the list). like how much over MSRP they are going after.
This is an important point. All these dealers aren't created equal. Remarks would help alot, also there should be some kind of screening to insure that the bad guys are really bad guys. Bottom line we want to identify the bad guys and then their degree of evilness, in my opinion. Dealers in my area are holding to MSRP and going to stick with that. They do want to be careful that sales appear to be to area customers so that Pontiac doesn't get the impression that they have to reach out to fill allocations. This could become an issue when shopping for MSRP. My dealer said to me that he will be happy to take referrals but wants them to be from this area. Also I will buy my car in N.E. but may register it in a southern state where I vacation in the good weather and winter it there. He wants a letter from me reflecting this activity if I do to cover his rear with G.M.

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
SD SOL said:
You're not supposed to drive at a constant speed - high or low - for the first 500 miles.
Try a medium speed and vary it faster or slower like every 10 minutes or so. Probably drive folks behind you nuts, but for the sake of the car a few funny looks will be worth it for the long life of the Sol.

You could pull over every 5 miles or so and charge admission for people to look/gawk at the car. This would ensure the varied speed and give you some income to make the payments. :)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts