Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 40 of 119 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
In the past, DDM, Werks, Windrestrictor, ASAP Graphics, Martin Smith with GMR products were at many events. Windrestrictor is busy selling to other roadsters including Corvette and Mustang. They still support us too, thanks, but they have to spend time where the big numbers are.

DDM is going to be there, with their ever expanding product line which is great.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Would also like to meet Chop Top in person. My only concern is he might chop my wrist off to get at one of my two Skagan Solstice watches! :willy::lol::willy:. I also worry about him getting into close proximity to my JPM leather covered boomerang dash. :lol:
NS, now that you gave me the idea, maybe I will mosey to the Ozarks, Chop, chop! :lol:

I just read the 2016 Ozarks thread again, and while I think it is a great location, and be great to meet some of y'all on here I already know I won't be up to making the round trip drive. Now if we owned a truck and car hauler attending would be a no-brainer. What can I say I'm no longer young and dumb....edit that to just say no longer young. ;) But if NAASM ever returns to Canton I'm in. :thumbs:

FWIW: The geographic point of the contiguous 48 states of the U.S. is Lebanon, Kansas (excludes Alaska & Hawaii). Its position as located in a 1918 survey is located at 39°50′N 98°35′W, about 2.6 miles (4.2 km) northwest of the center of Lebanon, Kansas, approximately 12 miles south of the Kansas-Nebraska border.
http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/7032

BTW Rob, hope to see some vids of your light show. :cool:

·
Registered
763 Posts
FWIW: The mean center point of the U.S. population is Texas County, Missouri. Its position as located in the 2010 census is located at 37.517534°N 92.173096°W, about 2.7 miles (‪4.3 km) northeast of Plato, Missouri.

·
Premium Member
2,040 Posts
Easy: mostenjoyabddrive our fine kappas.

·
Registered
6,629 Posts
Do most drive there solstice to the rally or do a lot trailer them ? Just wondering.
Real men don't trailer - they aren't frickin' Bugattis, after all.

·
Super Moderator
16,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Real men don't trailer - they aren't frickin' Bugattis, after all.
Spoken like someone with a lot of old cars :grouphug:

My insurance forbids.normal long distance driving

And I'm traveling with two women, all their luggage, multiple laser lights for the show, tools, spares, and misc stuff

Real men take care of their horses and their women :willy:

If you sold a couple of your Junkers you could get a used trailer

·
Registered
6,629 Posts
We've driven our old cars all over the place - a 1500 mile trip is par for the course. We wouldn't even think about trailering except for the race cars. Its part of the fun. Too each his own - your limitation on insurance would preclude you using them as regular cars. Too bad - they make nice cross country tourers and there is plenty of room for what you really need.

Had a friend that had his cars loaded and driven to wherever he was going by someone else and he flew there, played with them and then they were loaded up and towed home again. Aside from being an expensive way to go, I always felt he was missing out on some of the fun doing it that way.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Im driving mine. Im looking forward to seen both of you there.
You are coming from quite a ways away Rob.Safe travels my friend.
IM STILL LAUGHING.

·
Super Moderator
16,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
We've driven our old cars all over the place - a 1500 mile trip is par for the course. We wouldn't even think about trailering except for the race cars. Its part of the fun. Too each his own - your limitation on insurance would preclude you using them as regular cars. Too bad - they make nice cross country tourers and there is plenty of room for what you really need.

Had a friend that had his cars loaded and driven to wherever he was going by someone else and he flew there, played with them and then they were loaded up and towed home again. Aside from being an expensive way to go, I always felt he was missing out on some of the fun doing it that way.
We have the Sky for "normal" driving but my car is no longer in the category of normal. LOL

And when traveling with a big group, having all our stuff along in a roomy quad cab is very nice

Plus since the wife had both knees replaced she can't sit in the small car for days.

·
Registered
6,629 Posts
We have the Sky for "normal" driving but my car is no longer in the category of normal. LOL

And when traveling with a big group, having all our stuff along in a roomy quad cab is very nice

Plus since the wife had both knees replaced she can't sit in the small car for days.
Understand. Remind me to talk to your wife about knee replacements! We leave Thurs. - see you that afternoon.

·
Premium Member
2,040 Posts
Y'all have a good time and enjoy the Nationals. Hope to see everyone next year.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
I have to thank Toni & Mike from the Pacific Northwest Roadsters for getting me registered at the last moment.Also thanks folks for putting the bug in my ear to go.

·
Premium Member
2,040 Posts
Easy: Is your coupe listed on the coupe registry? If not post the vin # and I will enter it.
WickedMike
Never mind I found it!! Have a good time at Nationals!

·
Super Moderator
16,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Well the first day of travel was fun

We had hours of monsoon rain and one of the cars had its high pressure fuel pump
Fail. Doctor Dave came to the rescue when he swapped the pump out of a trailered car into the failed one. We made it!

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
Well the first day of travel was fun

We had hours of monsoon rain and one of the cars had its high pressure fuel pump
Fail. Doctor Dave came to the rescue when he swapped the pump out of a trailered car into the failed one. We made it!
Wow! Nice to have Dr Dave on call.:thumbs: When mine went I was still able to drive at about 50 mph. My 2 hour journey home took 5 hours.:devil:

21 - 40 of 119 Posts