Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

81 - 100 of 119 Posts

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Thanks to all who have posted pics. Looks like NASSM #10 was a smashing success. We hope you all appreciate the priceless memories you made in Portland. When I look back over the past National Meets, it amazes me that it's our love for our Kappas that bring us together but, it's the friendships and memories that keep my Kappa experience fresh and exciting. Can't wait to see everyone in the Ozarks. Happy Cruising.:grouphug:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Picture bombs coming up.

Here are some of the winners for the 2015 NAASSM

Peoples Choice (Owner Rick Flory) Car on the left.

Best Interior (Owner Rob & Carol Coach) Exterior of car and Interior with some interferance

Best Graphics and Exterior Design (Thomas Prill) Closeup and at show

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
Some great pics. Thank you, wish we could have gone this year.
I second that.:thumbs: I should of flown there to hang out and look at all of these amazing rides.:thumbs:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Depends on what mountains. Mt Adams is closer to the eastern side of the state. Dry desert conditions east of the Cascades, and Mt Adams is on the eastern side of the cascades. On the Western side of the cascades it is lush and green with lots of fur trees.

Over half the rally runs travelled east from the lodge. Just a couple of the runs headed west into the lush green spaces. Mount hood is one of the pictures in the distance and is totally surrounded by lush trees, but taking pictures from the east side of the state, you wouldn't know it.

You should have come ChopTop, this is my home and you could have seen for yourself the Douglas firs and all the lush greenery. (Note the pictures of the water falls).

·
Super Moderator
16,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
The geography in Oregon and Washington is interesting. Most of the moisture comes in from the ocean. The coastal regions have weather driven by their proximity to the ocean. Mild temperatures and lots of humidity.

Inland from the coast is a range of mountains running birth to south. The wet air comes in from the ocean and hits the Cascade mountains which act to block the winds and cause them to drop much of the moisture ther are carrying in from the sea. This western strip I've very wet. On the north coast, the Olympic peninsula is a rainforest with unique climate.
Once you get east of the Cascade range, there is very little moisture and its high desert in much of the state.
When we lived in the east at Kennewick, we had weather very similar to Las Vegas. We got 20 to 30 inches of rain a year. When we moved to Seattle in December we experienced that much rain in the first month

·
Registered
556 Posts
Im saving the final pics till I get home tomorrow

Made it to Burley Idaho for the night. Crossing Oregon at 65 is a huge pain in the butt! As soon as you cross over to Idaho, it's 80. Same road. Sigh
Yep, but Idaho limits can suck it, too. First speeding ticket ever in either Sol. Having a good time driving Hwy 12 on the way to Glacier thinking the speed limit was 55. Doing 55-60 through the twisties, hit a downhill passing zone and inched up to 65 as gravity did its work. Around the next turn, Idaho State Trooper. Doh! Immediately puts the lights on and whips a u-turn. Asks me what the limit is, 55 I say. Nope, went from 65 to 55 to 50. Thought the 50 sign was a temporary limit. He was not a friendly fellow. Came off like I was just dangerously speeding through their fine state. Said it wasn't me but campers could pull out, blah, blah, blah. I said the Sol stops as fast as it goes and I drive my sight lines with safety in mind. If I had known a few miles up the road in Montana the speed limit on Hwy 12 goes to 70 (65 night), 60 Trucks (55 night), I would have given him a little more of my opinion on their stupidly silly 50 limit for everyone. :cuss: Oh well, only $90, but beware the Ides of Ho troopers!

81 - 100 of 119 Posts