Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the little blurb we got around 1:35 was all we are getting... then it certainly wasn't worth watching.

No real information, except they stated fully loaded it would be under $24,000. That's real nice if that's the case, the extra $1,000 could be handy.

I'm going to keep watching (and recording on my TiVo) to the end and see if there is more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
recorded

hey guys, i stumbled upon it, and recorded the segment. there was a little segment on the sky and the solstice. all i need is a adapter so i can upload it from a vcr to my computer. ill try to get one so we all can download it from an index.

Dylan
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
Can't remember the exact phase but they said something like Solstice is the best bargain in sport cars. Mentioned the "back to basics" theme and available summer 2005. Glad they even showed the Solstice (thought they'd concentrate more on Sky).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,366 Posts
I missed it, I turn it on at about 1:40 or so and stayed till the end but it happened before that, I wanted to see both cars, so if someone can uploaded it would be nice. Thanks in advance if you can do it. :smile
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LatinVenom said:
I missed it, I turn it on at about 1:40 or so and stayed till the end but it happened before that, I wanted to see both cars, so if someone can uploaded it would be nice. Thanks in advance if you can do it. :smile
I didn't think anyone would be interested as there wasn't much coverage. I'm pulling the entire show off my TiVo now, will only take a little bit to download from there.

I'll cut the segment out and make an mpeg of it, but I need a place to put it. Not sure how large it will be in total or if I can put it on this site. Any suggestions on where to store the file for everyone?
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
4,592 Posts
If it's under or equal to 10mb, I can host it on my server.

attach to [email protected] if that works for you

I did the same for pammysolstice's LA Auto show pics

RODEO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RODEO said:
If it's under or equal to 10mb, I can host it on my server.

attach to [email protected] if that works for you

I did the same for pammysolstice's LA Auto show pics

RODEO
Check your mail (in a minute or two from posting this as it's trying to send the file now).

I had to encode it as an Xvid .avi file in order to get the file size down. Darn DirecTV broadcasts in such a high quality that the 1 min 5 sec. mpeg was still 20 MB. I got the Xvid down to 5 MB though so that others should be able to download it in a reasonable amount of time.

Sorry about the news crawls on the bottom... we got a lot of snow this weekend in west michigan and lots of things are closed and the news likes to tell you about them. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RODEO said:
If it's under or equal to 10mb, I can host it on my server.

attach to [email protected] if that works for you

I did the same for pammysolstice's LA Auto show pics

RODEO
Sorry.. somehow this posted twice, so I edited it out this second time.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
4,592 Posts
rlhammon said:
I didn't think anyone would be interested as there wasn't much coverage. I'm pulling the entire show off my TiVo now, will only take a little bit to download from there.

I'll cut the segment out and make an mpeg of it, but I need a place to put it. Not sure how large it will be in total or if I can put it on this site. Any suggestions on where to store the file for everyone?
rlhammon's NMC Solstice NAIAS coverage video is linked on my MSM/Solstice page here:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/gregnalice/msm/index.htm

This page is also available in my signature

RODEO :thumbs
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
4,592 Posts
I couldn't get the video to play, something about codec, I've got a question about it out the rlhammon, let's see what happens
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
4,592 Posts
RODEO said:
I couldn't get the video to play, something about codec, I've got a question about it out the rlhammon, let's see what happens
Figured out my problem, I needed to download and install a "A video codec", here's where I got it:
http://www.divx.com/divx/

Look for the FREE divx download

RODEO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
RODEO said:
Figured out my problem, I needed to download and install a "A video codec", here's where I got it:
http://www.divx.com/divx/

Look for the FREE divx download

RODEO
Yeah, I needed to use a more compressed video format in order to get the size down to a reasonable point.

Most people have the divx codec installed on their computer (if they play with web video at all), but if not the divx codec is freely available. No spam or problems with getting it either.

I'm not a video guru, but I can hold my own usually. If you can't play the video, and you download the codec and still can't play the video... let me know and I'll help you out.

Hope everyone who missed it enjoys... and I'll do the same thing for Apprentice too if anyone want's it when that airs.
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
I as unimpressed with their coverage overall. I watched about the first hour and a half, then had to leave. I did record it but haven’t watched the final half hour yet.

The Sol and Sky were not shown long, and they didn’t get a good close up of the front of the Sky or the interior. Why the cameraman didn’t walk around the turntable to get the front of the car is beyond me. They did show some stock GM footage of it anyway.

Also, why did they not even show a closeup of the HHR, or the “pimped” HHR when they were going over GM products? They hit the H3 for a moment (again, showing the hind end) and then the GMC Envoy with the moving roof, which has been out for a couple years already!

I thought they spent a little too much time on some production models too. Showing Nascar drivers putting a Ford 500 sedan through a slalom at 10 MPH in the rain? Whoopie! I am sure that convinced nobody to buy it!

Overall I think it was a great idea for them to cover the show like that, but maybe they should tape it and do a little editing and changing instead of going live with it. That way they could be sure to get better angles of cars on turntables, and plan on what they are really going to show a little better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
I watched and also was disapointed. Why did they show the Sky on the road driving and not the Solstice? You would think they would show the Solstice since it will be available this summer. The Sky was shown more??
Not much coverage for two new cars. :rolleyes
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
AJC said:
I watched and also was disapointed. Why did they show the Sky on the road driving and not the Solstice? You would think they would show the Solstice since it will be available this summer. The Sky was shown more??
Not much coverage for two new cars. :rolleyes
My guess is that GM handed them the tape of the Sky on the road to air. Also it was a new intro at this show, so it got a little more attention. They also spent a lot of time oh-ing and ah-ing the Buick Terraza minivan. OH BOY, a minivan! Yeah, auto enthusiasts who are most likely to be watching that broadcast are going to want to in depth coverage of a minivan. :rolleyes
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
Actually I thought overall the show wasn't bad. Because of the NASCAR connection they did cover a lot of sports cars and less trucks and minivans. All in all seemed better than those Speed channel auto show coverage shows :lol
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
ESPN had good coverage of the NAIAS last year. I would assume they will do a show for this year too, although I have not seen anything about it yet. I first caught it in late spring on ESPN 2, but I think they were just showing it as a rerun from earlier. Hopefully they put something together again!
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top