Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SolsticeWaiting said:
:cuss: Looks like the closest to my location is Bethlehem PA. I, too, can't believe they are not stopping in the Baltimore/DC area! LOTS of colleges and universities around here! grrrrr arghhhhh!
Yes but none of our PA colleges and universities did what the Buckeyes did to the Illini. So expect the caravan to stop in NC :lol:

·
Registered
338 Posts
achieftain said:
Yes but none of our PA colleges and universities did what the Buckeyes did to the Illini. So expect the caravan to stop in NC :lol:
Hey, how 'bout them Buckeyes? I've been waiting for someone to throw it out there. We may even have a football team this fall, too. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
conejo148 said:
Hey, how 'bout them Buckeyes? I've been waiting for someone to throw it out there. We may even have a football team this fall, too. ;)
Whether you do or not, Oct 8 will be in MY backyard (Penn State)

·
Registered
338 Posts
achieftain said:
Whether you do or not, Oct 8 will be in MY backyard (Penn State)
No, I mean if we physically have players. At the rate they're getting busted, NCAA investigations, it's kind of sad that it's happening to our program, I'm sure lots of Miami & Mich fans gloating, but it happened to them too. Hoping that Tressell is the second coming of Lou Holtz, Woody, Dr. Tom Osborne, and JoPa all rolled into one. Joe may be a little past his prime, but he was the class of the coaches for a long time.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
conejo148 said:
No, I mean if we physically have players. At the rate they're getting busted, NCAA investigations, it's kind of sad that it's happening to our program, I'm sure lots of Miami & Mich fans gloating, but it happened to them too. Hoping that Tressell is the second coming of Lou Holtz, Woody, Dr. Tom Osborne, and JoPa all rolled into one. Joe may be a little past his prime, but he was the class of the coaches for a long time.
JoPa is still classy, although I agree he has stayed too long at the fair. Over the years he has maintained from his players something that is very hard to do and that is a high graduation rate with high GPA. PSU also places a good number of FB grads into the NFL.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
conejo148 said:

You will have to get past my Badgers first, which Ohio State has had a tough time doing of late! :lol:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Moobs said:
:rant: How do they not even stop in TEXAS!! :brentil: It's the biggest damn state in the lower 48 with some of the biggest colleges in the nation. :brentil: It's a college tour! And what's worse is that they stop in Cali 2 times. :banghead: Worse than that is that they go to a small state (I was holding back descriptive words there for you conejo148 ;) ) like OHIO!! I don't get it!! :willy:

Lets see you take Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois and Wisconsin together and you have a land area roughly the size of Texas. 45,700,000 people (2000 census) vs 22,000.00 in Texas. Some of the biggest cities and populations densities in the nation. I not a marketing guru but I think I'd hit the Great Lake states first! :lol:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
conejo148 said:
At least they're beating up on Meeechigan

Knew that would get a response! Lets see we only have until August for foooot-ball to start again! It's pretty much a religion around here (greater Green Bay area). During the off season we go into withdrawal!

·
Registered
338 Posts
PAS22 said:
Knew that would get a response! Lets see we only have until August for foooot-ball to start again! It's pretty much a religion around here (greater Green Bay area). During the off season we go into withdrawal!
Heck, I go into withdrawl just before the first half ends of the Natl Championship Game, (for the record, refuse to use BCS, and I live for College Game Day.) I've tailgated all over the country...Chapel Hill, Raleigh, Clemson, OSU, UCLA, Tex A&M, Nebraska, Tenn, UDub, USC, Pitt, WV, FlaSt., UGA, LSU, Auburn, 'Bama, Notre Dame, OK., all over. Love college f-ball. Almost every Big Ten school, 'cept Indiana..they don't know what football is..they keep trying to bounce it to the endzone.

I can understand you Green Bay locals though. Do they still hold church in the parking lot, and bless the kegs, brats, and Packers?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
conejo148 said:
Heck, I go into withdrawl just before the first half ends of the Natl Championship Game, (for the record, refuse to use BCS, and I live for College Game Day.) I've tailgated all over the country...Chapel Hill, Raleigh, Clemson, OSU, UCLA, Tex A&M, Nebraska, Tenn, UDub, USC, Pitt, WV, FlaSt., UGA, LSU, Auburn, 'Bama, Notre Dame, OK., all over. Love college f-ball. Almost every Big Ten school, 'cept Indiana..they don't know what football is..they keep trying to bounce it to the endzone.

I can understand you Green Bay locals though. Do they still hold church in the parking lot, and bless the kegs, brats, and Packers?

Mr. Super moderator is going to get on our case for getting of topic here, but what the hey. Ya, they even have a guy dressed up like a Catholic Bishop! If you ever get a chance you have got to visit Lambeau Field. If you are any kind of football fan you will appreciate it (even if not a Packer fan). The Packer Hall of fame is second only to Canton (some say better than). When you get to the end of the tour, which takes you through the histrory of the team and includes Lombardi's office, you walk into this dimly lit semicircular room with photos of all the teams and players displayed on the walls, and the three super bowl trophies set up like an alter in front! Pretty moving.

Never been to a Badgers game, but then, Packers and Badgers tickets are like gold and about as hard to come by.

Your like me, I enjoy college round ball (UW-Green Bay and Badgers) but won't even watch pro-basketball. Green Bay also has an outstanding basketball/hockey venue.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
PAS22 said:
Mr. Super moderator is going to get on our case for getting of topic here, but what the hey. ....

Nope, through the magic of those invisible electrons....

...Here YOU ARE!!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
solsticeman said:
Nope, through the magic of those invisible electrons....

...Here YOU ARE!!!:thumbs:

You had me for a minute! Thought you zapped it! Good move though :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
PAS22 said:
Lets see you take Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois and Wisconsin together and you have a land area roughly the size of Texas. 45,700,000 people (2000 census) vs 22,000.00 in Texas. Some of the biggest cities and populations densities in the nation. I not a marketing guru but I think I'd hit the Great Lake states first! :lol:
i can't believe you looked those numbers up. :) but how many people from wisconsin illinois or indiana are going to drive to ohio for this college tour? i understand the population density is MUCH different. i don't think many people would drive that far to go to something like this. i wouldn't drive half way across texas to go to something like this. texas is a wide open state for the most part, but you also have some of the biggest cities in the nation in houston and the dallas and ft worth metroplex. we get a lot of marketing trials in dallas and ft. worth because they are so big and so close together. also, this is a collge tour. The University of Texas at Austin is THE largest college campus (# of students enrolled) in the nation. how do you miss the largest campus in the nation on a college tour? i wouldn't drive there, but i'm just saying...

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Moobs said:
i can't believe you looked those numbers up. :) i'm just saying...
Intelligence is information. Knowledge is not knowing everything, just where to look it up. :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts