Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting used to the pointing and jaw dropping expressions as I approach and pass on-coming traffic. :thumbs: I even see a good majority of their brake lights come on. But yesterday and today two obsessed passers-by tried to do U-turns spontaneously causing nearly two separate accidents! :eek: Cars were swerving in both directions horns and squeals but thankfully no collisions...People please. :willy:

Anyone else have a crazy story?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Cars.......

Been a long time since America has had a car that could cause accidents. Last one I remember was the Ford Pinto! :lol:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ntouched said:
Been a long time since America has had a car that could cause accidents. Last one I remember was the Ford Pinto! :lol:
:glol:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey, I had a Pinto back in the day..........That baby saw lots of "action".

Steak (swinging hard) :smash:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yesterday, I was driving on the interstate, and somone was pointing a cell phone camera at the Solstice to take a picture while they were driving. He slowed down and sped up probably three times to take multiple pictures. Like you, I am used to people looking/pointing/talking about the car, but this was a new one.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Pintos were great for parts for kit cars. Tey're also a pretty good bean. ;) Can't believe I wasted my 1800th post on this.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
inov814u said:
I'm getting used to the pointing and jaw dropping expressions as I approach and pass on-coming traffic. :thumbs: I even see a good majority of their brake lights come on. But yesterday and today two obsessed passers-by tried to do U-turns spontaneously causing nearly two separate accidents! :eek: Cars were swerving in both directions horns and squeals but thankfully no collisions...People please. :willy:

Anyone else have a crazy story?
3000 mi. of tailgating by drivers trying to find the make of the car.....

·
Registered
192 Posts
ntouched said:
I thought the last car was the AMC Gremlin :smash: :smash:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hey, my Fiero still turns heads. No joke!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
SCISOLSTICE said:
Another good reason not to take the badging off!

·
Registered
278 Posts
id take the badging off just to see that :D

·
5,600 Posts
fak429 said:
I thought the last car was the AMC Gremlin :smash: :smash:
I had a Gremlin, and it caused accidents too. So ugly, people suffered temporary blindness.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Editguy said:
Another good reason not to take the badging off!
I think that would make it worse although that stick-on badging is is a cheap looking detail.
I do like the raised/molded detail between the headrests. That looks classy.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You know both times the top was down and the Monsoon was up! :D

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I am convinced that most people are near-sighted. Tailgating has been a constant problem. I mentioned in another thread that the one time it urks me is when I'm on an incline at a stop light. I've grown more comfortable with the clutch.

I'm waiting for the first post regarding getting rear-ended, I just hope its not from me.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Marco said:
I am convinced that most people are near-sighted. Tailgating has been a constant problem. I mentioned in another thread that the one time it urks me is when I'm on an incline at a stop light. I've grown more comfortable with the clutch.

An incline in Ohio? :glol:

My wife is from Ohio so I can say that :D

·
Registered
711 Posts
SCISOLSTICE said:
That's exactly why I want to debadge my car once I get it. Let'm wonder! :cool:

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
JGene said:
That's exactly why I want to debadge my car once I get it. Let'm wonder! :cool:
They'll just try to get closer to look.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
inov814u said:
Marco said:

An incline in Ohio? :glol:

My wife is from Ohio so I can say that :D
Ah come on, we have two of them. :lol:

Here's a picture of one

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=10/28023092854.jpg&s=x10

The others in downtown Kent, just before Kent State on Main street......with a light. Lights we've got plenty of. That and orange barrels!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 63 Posts