Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newly released - The WERKSracing Oil Take-Off Whip for Ecotec engines!!!

Allows easy, correct installation of an oil pressure or oil temperature gauge on an Ecotec engine's oil galley
Remotely mounts any 1/8" NPT oil pressure or temperature gauge sender
Comes with everything you see in the picture minus the gauge sender itself

Available here for $55.00 - WERKSracing Oil Take-Off Whip for Ecotec engines!!!

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
Except us guys who have LDK swapped, we don't have that extra oil galley.

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
Perfect for oil pressure, but not so good for temperature. When you fire up the oil fills the tube and then sits there. It will eventually warm up by conduction from warmer oil passing by the bottom end of the tubing, but it takes awhile.

On the race cars we always try and install a temp sender either directly into an main oil gallery, or if you have an oil cooler, on a T fitting in those lines. Best of all is a fitting right into the sump.

·
Registered
6,949 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,859 Posts
Great product makes for an easy pressure gauge installation when I did mine I purchased a braided steel line to go from the gauge to the whip and some fittings from Summit the gauges come with a nylon line which for me I don't trust especially with all the heat that the turbo throws off . On the Chevelle I purchsed a kit specifically made for the gauge install it uses a small diameter copper line which is easy to bend and has fittings it's made by Dorman part # 7-147 and costs $14.97

·
Super Moderator
16,399 Posts
Oil switch has temp?.....don't think so.
You may be correct however when I looked up the info on the sensor it referenced both a 6 pound state change and oil temperature.

I'm not looking for oil temp on the 2.0 car and I already have it for the LS

1 - 11 of 11 Posts