Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had a small fire inside, caused by a ground wire that burned completely away - well almost. It effectively acted as a fuse. In the process other wires adjacent to it were damaged, at least the insulation was damaged. I pulled much of the cabling apart to separate and inspect the other wires. Applied tape, etc. to cut the story short. This was a very intensive labor process because of having to remove so much other stuff to get to the wires. The other problem is that the ECM was apparently damaged and cannot be contacted by the OBD11 reader. So, there you have it. I have located a used ECM - exact replacement that is guaranteed to be good. The first check I will make is with the OBD11 reader. There is a slight possibility that there is a bad wire I did not encounter, preventing communication with the ECM. So, if I can find a good cable assembly I'll buy it.

grandpop07

· Administrator
12,769 Posts
@Hoosier GXP or RedLine Automotive in Florida are you two easiest choices.

You can also check carparts.com for a Solstice or Sky being parted out near you, and contact the yard that has it for that harness.

· Registered
slivergxp&.wicked coupe,dirtbike,4wheeler twin turbo ford
2,868 Posts
I keep seeing somany parts,ecm,tcm,bcm,fuze box etc with the harness cut off for sale...you cant fix stupid.I wishthey would disconnect the harness and sell them. I was luckey enough to buy a new one for my coupe at a deal almost 2 years ago.

· Registered
2007 Solstice GXP Mysterious
932 Posts
I needed (or thought I needed) a negative battery cable. Magically, no one would splice a new one into the harness, and even more magically. no one had any harnesses for sale. YMMV, but I wouldn't bet body parts on it. (In my case, I lopped off the terminal and the miserable soldering on the first three inches of cable, bought a new terminal, and now I have a negative cable that is a smidge tight and works just fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts