Had a small fire inside, caused by a ground wire that burned completely away - well almost. It effectively acted as a fuse. In the process other wires adjacent to it were damaged, at least the insulation was damaged. I pulled much of the cabling apart to separate and inspect the other wires. Applied tape, etc. to cut the story short. This was a very intensive labor process because of having to remove so much other stuff to get to the wires. The other problem is that the ECM was apparently damaged and cannot be contacted by the OBD11 reader. So, there you have it. I have located a used ECM - exact replacement that is guaranteed to be good. The first check I will make is with the OBD11 reader. There is a slight possibility that there is a bad wire I did not encounter, preventing communication with the ECM. So, if I can find a good cable assembly I'll buy it.