Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First off let me say I'm terrible with photoshop and what you see is an altered pic of my sol with the mod I'm thinking of. The honeycomb grille would be replaced with a custom vertical billet grille, polished aluminum. It reminds me of the Shelby Cobra. The dip under the Pontiac symbol is there because of the contour of the bumper assembly.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I think it would look terrible.

Bob

·
Registered
1,031 Posts

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Sorry - I prefer the look of Norms

I really like the duraflex front end. It looks most like something that would be production quality. All the others seem to look a little on the silly side in my opinion.

·
Super Moderator
16,393 Posts
We have billet grilles on our Sky. I like how they look. They are a few in number, strong horizontal elements.

Frankly I prefer the factory SOL front end but that is just me.

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
I would love to change to a billet grill of some description but have not found any matching grill work for the area around the fog lights on the GXP. Has anyone found or know of anything for these fog light grills?

Don

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Horizontal grills emphasize the width of the fascia, vertical emphasize the height of the fascia.

I would love to change to a billet grill of some description but have not found any matching grill work for the area around the fog lights on the GXP. Has anyone found or know of anything for these fog light grills?
asapdigitalimaging offers inserts for both GXP/NA designs in black plastic but never seen anyone offer true billet turn/fog light covers. Plastic chrome services are offered but there are two different methods. A vulcanize finish (which isn't as durable) method and an electroplating method (copper, nickle, chrome), downside is it's expensive, upside is its more durable than the vulcanize method.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Thanks LowLife1. I did not know, but should have realized you could chrome the plastic grills. I have been tempted to spray paint them a silver colour but just know that would look very tacky and amateuristic. We have a chroming guy close by, will give them a call and see what they say. I am also very taken with Wade's Garage cobra front end, except for the cost that is. Still the front end, hood, and stripes would be a lot less than the whole V-8 package. I did price out a complete V-8 conversion with the front end, paint and brakes at $37,000. Maybe if I win the lotto.

Don

1 - 11 of 11 Posts