Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Need an inside door panel passenger side

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  marksbug 
#1 ·
Hi member, I have been getting and reading threads from the forum for several years. I have a 2006 early model, badged as one of the first 1000. Recently I had to have the passenger side door repaired after a shopping cart hit the door in a parking lot. The body shop did a great job taking care of that issue. After that I found out the inside connection of the door handle was damaged as well and the cable, latch and where the cable connects to the inside handle was damaged. This problem is preventing the connection of the inside handle inside the door from holding together. The inside door panel will need to be replaced. The problem, if that wasn't enough, the interior is the two tone color, gray blue and cream. That panel is no longer made based on the information I have found. Does anyone in the forum know of where I could find the passenger inside door panel in the color combination. Thanks to all the members for your replies. Joe G.

#3 ·
After that I found out the inside connection of the door handle was damaged as well and the cable, latch and where the cable connects to the inside handle was damaged. This problem is preventing the connection of the inside handle inside the door from holding together. The inside door panel will need to be replaced.
Not sure if I'm reading this correctly, but I think you're saying that only the inside door handle is broken? If so, this is repairable by swapping in the chrome part of a Cobalt door handle, available cheaply on eBay, etc. There are a number of posts/threads on how to do this, and it's FAR cheaper than the whole panel (if you can even find one).

#4 · (Edited)
Welcome to the Forum.

I agree with Soup, a new interior panel doesn't sound necessary. The cable slipping from the handle's housing turns out to be a common problem. Repaired my passenger side last summer using a plastic strip tie to hold it back in place. There is video on You Tube and several previous posts on the forum on how to repair. If for some reason the handle housing was structurally damaged by the shopping cart - that must have been one heck of a load of groceries! More than likely, the plastic bushing holding the cable in place has given up. Pull open the side panel and take a look.

Oh, and the color pattern you speak of is called "Sand & Steel." Same as mine.

inside door handle.jpg

#5 ·
like mayder said use the cobalt handle, much cheeper than solstice. I have the same color also...witch is the reason I didnt get a gxp.....( I never claimed I was smert...smart) the body shop should of taken care of that.( they probably should of put on a good door, but they tend to like filling with filler as that makes them more $$$ but a lessor quality job in many instances.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.