Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 21 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Is there any one on the forum selling Chrome rims for a 2009 GXP?? Please text or call me at 361-548-3413.
Thank you
Deborah

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
RU looking for 2009 rims? The 09 rims were different than previous years.

·
Premium Member
3,666 Posts
RU looking for 2009 rims? The 09 rims were different than previous years.
...news to me... My 09 and 08 look the same... There is a thread somewhere that has a nice photo of all of the stock rim available for our cars...

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
You may want to edit your post to remove your number and ask for private messages on the board. "Bots" scour websites for numbers and e-mail addresses and sell them. You're likely to get a lot of spam calls.

Good luck on your search! (I'm assuming you're looking for stock factory wheels?)

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
2009 wheels were different then previous years. Change is not great but it is visible. I ordered wicked new and it came with old design. Obviously they were running out stock. My coupe came with the 2009 design in a brushed wheel. Most people do not know there was design change.

·
Super Moderator
6,473 Posts
I combined these two threads, since they were virtually the same.

@Deborah Kowalczyk : Are you looking specifically for the wheels that were unique to the 2009, or are you looking for any Chrome Solstice wheels that will fit your 2009?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I combined these two threads, since they were virtually the same.

@Deborah Kowalczyk : Are you looking specifically for the wheels that were unique to the 2009, or are you looking for any Chrome Solstice wheels that will fit your 2009?
I would like to get the Chrome ones unique to my 2009......I am trying to stay original.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,379 Posts
Both of these chrome wheels were provided, at different times, during the 2009 model year. Both had the same part numbers. Which ones were you looking for?

Please disregard this message, I attached the pictures of the polished wheels instead of the chromed ones.

·
Super Moderator
6,473 Posts
Both of these chrome wheels were provided, at different times, during the 2009 model year. Both had the same part numbers. Which ones were you looking for? View attachment 106926
I think there is a problem with the attachment. The top image looks like it could be chrome, but the bottom one looks duller. And both are described as polished.

·
Super Moderator
6,473 Posts
The 2009 printbook that I have (dated 14 November 2008) lists one chrome wheel under Exterior: RPO Code PD5, and two under ADI-Accessories: MB093 and MB222.

The PD5 wheel looks to be the same as the other years, but I really can't tell. The other two are listed at GMPartsPrime:
Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Assuming that they are actually available, $420 for a set of brand new wheels seems pretty good.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,379 Posts
I think there is a problem with the attachment. The top image looks like it could be chrome, but the bottom one looks duller. And both are described as polished.
I appear to have messed up in my preparation of that attachment. Those were the polished wheels not the chromed ones. I have deleted my attachment.

Thank you for calling my attention to my error.

:thumbs:

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,379 Posts
The 2009 printbook that I have (dated 14 November 2008) lists one chrome wheel under Exterior: RPO Code PD5, and two under ADI-Accessories: MB093 and MB222.

The PD5 wheel looks to be the same as the other years, but I really can't tell. The other two are listed at GMPartsPrime:
View attachment 106927

View attachment 106928

Assuming that they are actually available, $420 for a set of brand new wheels seems pretty good.
The 2 ADI wheels, commonly referred to as the Snowflake wheel and the 10-spoke wheel, were only available as Dealer Installed wheels from GM Accessories. (ADI = Accessory Dealer Installed )

:thumbs:

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
I just went google-image-surfing on Solstice chrome wheels. I could not see any differences on any of the standard chrome wheels for any year - and there were quite a few images!

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,379 Posts
My message #13 and message #15 are duplicates. The forum appears to have had issue with the first posting and gave an error message, so I tried again. Apparently both went through. @JohnWR, please delete one or the other. Thank you.

:dunno:

·
Super Moderator
6,473 Posts
My message #13 and message #15 are duplicates. The forum appears to have had issue with the first posting and gave an error message, so I tried again. Apparently both went through. @JohnWR, please delete one or the other. Thank you.
This has happened to me a couple of times recently, where I got an error message when submitting a post. The first time I clicked "Post Reply" again, resulting in a duplicate post. The last couple of times I have ignored the message and clicked the "New" icon instead. Both times my post had been made.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,379 Posts
This has happened to me a couple of times recently, where I got an error message when submitting a post. The first time I clicked "Post Reply" again, resulting in a duplicate post. The last couple of times I have ignored the message and clicked the "New" icon instead. Both times my post had been made.
Thanks for the tip, at least the forum is consistent. I hit the "Post Reply" after the error, with the same results as you. Sometimes I wonder whether this new forum software is "ready for prime time". It sure gets slow at times. Oh well . . . . . . . .

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
I am in agreement that there was a rim design change for 2009-10 (at some point).

I have a set of OEM chrome rims from 09 Coupe 378 and they are the earlier flatter spoke design.
So who knows when the change over occurred on the production line.

Example images of both styles
2 pictures of the 2009 rim follows and note the difference in the spoke design.

Below is the 2006 - 2008 rim design. Note the spokes are a flatter design.

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
I am in agreement that there was a rim design change for 2009-10 (at some point).

I have a set of OEM chrome rims from 09 Coupe 378 and they are the earlier flatter spoke design.
So who knows when the change over occurred on the production line.
Nope. Sorry. You are comparing apples to oranges. That 2009 rim you pictured is a POLISHED aluminum rim NOT chrome. As I said above, AFAICT there is no difference in the CHROMED rims between 'pre and post' 2009.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Nope. Sorry. You are comparing apples to oranges. That 2009 rim you pictured is a POLISHED aluminum rim NOT chrome. As I said above, AFAICT there is no difference in the CHROMED rims between 'pre and post' 2009.
I learned something today, thanks TomatoSoup for your clarification.

1 - 21 of 34 Posts