Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The manuel is in the trunk - and I have not paid enough attention to the forum on top lowering. HELP!!!!!!!! :willy:

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
SolTex,
I don't know if I can be of much help since I only dropped the top once at Detroit but here goes,
Use the key fob to release the top butresses, I think this also releases the trunk lid (we used the button in the glove box when we did it in Detroit)
Raise the trunk
Release the top catch on the interior located over the rear view mirror
Retract the catch on the interior so the pins retract out of the way
Fold the top completely down into the trunk
Close the trunk lid

I'm certain as soon as you can get to the manual in the trunk all will be okay.
Like I said this is all from memory from one time at Detroit but I think it has the basic steps. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
SolTex said:
The manuel is in the trunk - and I have not paid enough attention to the forum on top lowering. HELP!!!!!!!! :willy:
You couldn't just ... figure it out??? :glol:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Ex-Miata Man said:
SolTex,
I don't know if I can be of much help since I only dropped the top once at Detroit but here goes,
Use the key fob to release the top butresses, I think this also releases the trunk lid (we used the button in the glove box when we did it in Detroit)
Raise the trunk
Release the top catch on the interior located over the rear view mirror
Retract the catch on the interior so the pins retract out of the way
Fold the top completely down into the trunk
Close the trunk lid

I'm certain as soon as you can get to the manual in the trunk all will be okay.
Like I said this is all from memory from one time at Detroit but I think it has the basic steps. Good luck.
Thanks Ex-Miata Man - after I fired off my cry for help, I remembered the EOP DVD with Conv. lowering instruction. You guys can stop :lol: laughing your ass off now.

The car is great and my only hope is all will see thier car very soon. 555 now I am ready to bond. Have a great weekend guys, I have a black Soltice calling my name, and she wants to be washed and detailed from head to toe.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
SlipSlider said:
:glol:

I can't stop laughing...sorry

·
4,592 Posts
SlipSlider said:
Don't even get me started :lol:

·
Registered
535 Posts
You know Texans. Everything is a big deal....even putting a top down! :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Don't forget what several people have said about making sure the top is gently but firmly pushed all the way down into the trunk or else the top will rub against the bottom of the deck lid when it's down

Also make sure the trunk is shut firmly by pushing down in the middle of the decklid (some alignment thing when trunk closes?)

Did I get that right guys?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
But would my fellow Texan have had the same problem with a Miata? See, that writer from Toronto might be right after all! And SolTex. Remember. You have to reach over your shoulder to keep from locking yourself in the car:lol:

·
Registered
535 Posts
DreamerDave said:
But would my fellow Texan have had the same problem with a Miata? See, that writer from Toronto might be right after all! And SolTex. Remember. You have to reach over your shoulder to keep from locking yourself in the car:lol:
That is too much work. Take the car back and get the Miata! :glol:

·
Registered
233 Posts
:glol: :glol: :glol: I haven't laughed so hard in quite a while. I'm not laughing at you SolTex it is just that I can see the same thing happening to me, BUT I'm a blonde..... :glol:

·
Registered
69 Posts
MSSLEEPR, any word on the car???

·
Registered
233 Posts
LatinGod said:
MSSLEEPR, any word on the car???
It arrived from rail in Birmingham on Monday and that is the last I have heard. My dealer called and was told that it hadn't been inspected yet. :willy: I am 1.15 hrs from Birmingham, so what is the deal!!! I have put in a call to GM headquarters and would like some answers. :rant: Anyway, thanks for asking LatinGod, but at this rate, you'll probably get yours before me. :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts