Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Yellow 2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP 5 Speed Manual
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Solstice GXP and it has a misfire on cylinder 3 (code P0303). I replaced the spark plugs and on inspection of the coil pack I noticed one was missing the fuse. I went to the parts store and was unable to find the fuse, I have no what the specs are. The part number for the coil pack is C1552 (stock). I'd like to order some fuses online if possible, if anyone can identify it online or knows of it or maybe knows a part number for the fuse? I'd really like to avoid buying a coil pack but can if that's my only option.

Attached is a photo of the hole the fuse belongs in, and the fuse itself next to my thumb. I'm pretty sure it's a fuse but if it's not then please correct me.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Banned
143 Posts
I have a 2007 Solstice GXP and it has a misfire on cylinder 3 (code P0303). I replaced the spark plugs and on inspection of the coil pack I noticed one was missing the fuse. I went to the parts store and was unable to find the fuse, I have no what the specs are. The part number for the coil pack is C1552 (stock). I'd like to order some fuses online if possible, if anyone can identify it online or knows of it or maybe knows a part number for the fuse? I'd really like to avoid buying a coil pack but can if that's my only option.

Attached is a photo of the hole the fuse belongs in, and the fuse itself next to my thumb. I'm pretty sure it's a fuse but if it's not then please correct me.

Thanks!
"TENGOKU" had the same issue weeks ago... replaced all 4 coil packs for $65....dealer wanted to charge me $1,400 to do what you do yourself.
Here's the AMAZON listing ..... car is perfect again !

cheers,
KONOA

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
3,319 Posts
That's not a fuse. It's an insulator and it keeps the high voltage from jumping when power is flowing across it.

The real question is where did the old one go??

·
Registered
Yellow 2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP 5 Speed Manual
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's not a fuse. It's an insulator and it keeps the high voltage from jumping when power is flowing across it.

The real question is where did the old one go??
I have no idea, that is partly why i made this post. When I opened it up there was not one in there, I don't think that there was one in there to begin with, I looked everywhere. I am trying to see my options here, if I can buy a new insulator somewhere or if I have to get new coils.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
If you get new coils DO NOT buy some off brand. It seems to be the consensus that OE coils are the only ones that should be used. I have NGK coils in my car an haven't had any issues. NGK is a very reputable company and makes components used by car manufacturers so I felt pretty safe with using them. The NKG coils are a little bit cheaper then the OE ones. I believe they cost 120.00 for all 4 of them.

here is a link to the NGK coils

I believe the LE5 (2.4) and the LNF (2.0) use the same coils.I would have to double check.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
I did want to mention that the coil pack design is COB (Coil On Boot). The boots can be bought separately and would fill the roll of a spark plug wire. I do not know if a new insulator comes with a new boot tho. The NGK boots look like they comes with a spring that makes the contact and the insulator may not be used in the boots. It could be that maybe the previous owner replaced a boot and there is no insulator that is used in the new one.

Have you tried moving the coil to a different cylinder to see if the misfire code changes to a different cylinder?

The cylinder number ordering is as follows on the LNF (2.0) and also the LE5 (2.4)
firewall 4, 3, 2, 1 front of car

So the cylinder that is producing your error code would be the 3rd cylinder from the front of the car. Flip flop the coil packs on cylinder 3 and cylinder 1. Clear the codes in the computer and drive the car. See if you then get a P0301 code or if you get a p0303 code. If you get a P0303 code then you know the coil pack is not the problem, if it's a P0301 code then replace the coil. If you have an issue with one coil then there is a high probabilty that the rest aren't to far behind it so you may just save the aggravation and replace all 4, budget permitting of course.

·
Registered
06 solstice sliver&356Pcar.dirtbike,4wheeler
1,194 Posts
that may be a resistor, not a fuze. I put the $30 ebay china coils on mine, runs the same as the gm coils. witch were probably made in mexiaco or china....like the air bag sensor...and oh somany other parts on our cars. I did get the rusty ac plugs out and put denso ones back in.Im not fond of rusty plugs. I kept the gm coils just encase I ever need them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts