Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I have a few problems with sensors, the dealer says the MAP sensor and the camshaft sensors (in & out) need replacing to fix a Check Engine (Stabilitrack) code, as well as "service traction" and "service ESC" message on the DIC.

I would like to buy the parts and do the job myself if its not too complicated, do you know what PN these are?

I don't think this is the problem thought, all this codes came up after a burn out, and some days they disappear completely, and some other days they just come up randomly, so probably some kind of reset would fix them...

what do you guys recommend?

Thanks! :)

·
Super Moderator
16,392 Posts
You can get part numbers from Tom at Crate Engine Depot. They are the web store for a GM dealer and forum sponsor. Get their contact info from their website and give them a call.

Do you have the CEL codes so we can help?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can get part numbers from Tom at Crate Engine Depot. They are the web store for a GM dealer and forum sponsor. Get their contact info from their website and give them a call.

Do you have the CEL codes so we can help?
I just had it checked with the scanner:

* P0107 Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Low Input
SERVICE ESC / SERVICE TRACTION / ESC OFF

A friend of mine erased the code yesterday, we gave it a few restarts and the warnings went away. this morning the SERVICE ESC / SERVICE TRACTION / ESC OFF came on again, but the check engine light hasn't show up again so I guess hopefully that goes away by itself.

Dealer says I have to replace camshaft position sensors to fix the service traction/esc issue... not sure what those PN are.

·
Super Moderator
16,392 Posts

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,475 Posts
Dealer says I have to replace camshaft position sensors to fix the service traction/esc issue... not sure what those PN are.
I fail to see any connection between the camshaft sensors and traction control and electronic stability control. Are you sure the dealer said this? I'd double check with the dealer, and perhaps ask another dealer to take a look at the service traction/esc issue.

If these indicators on the DIC appeared after a burnout, it's possible that you may have overheated one of the wheel speed sensors, perhaps the wiring to one of the wheel speed sensors loosened up, or failed. This is different indicator and those for the check engine light.

:willy: :dunno:

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
FWIW, here are the part numbers you requested:

MAF (just after air filter) 15865791
MAP (2.0L only, after IC) 12592017

2.0L (LNF) / 2.4L (LE5)

12577245 (camshaft sensor)
12646783 (cam sensor intake actuator)
12655421 superceded by 12646784* (cam sensor exhaust actuator)

I believe these are the parts you were requesting. Please verify them before you make a purchase!

If you need pricing, I can get close to dealer price.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Just a caveat, if you have the GMPP tune, you'll have a different MAP sensor than the standard factory one.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
In addition to what TS said in regards to the GMPP tune, if you have the tune and your sensors are NOT soldered, that could well be your issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts