Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. here"s the problem. BLOWER MOTOR WORKS on work bench with 12 volts applied. Does NOT work when hooked up to the car. As far as I can tell fuses 10, 16, and 30 work. Did anyone have a similar problem? A/C clutch engages. Thinking it might be resistor pack. Connections do not look burnt. What is at the end of the resistor pack. Is it a diode or a resistor and does anyone have info on it as far as the value is concerened or any info so I can try to replace that instead of the whole pack. Also does anyone have a blower motor diagram for a 2006 Solstice? Thanks........ duke :willy:

·
Registered
263 Posts
The blow motor resistor should be a fairly cheap and easy to replace part that is actually a very common cause of inop blower motors in most any car. Check all your connections as well, especially the one between the blower motor and wiring

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2 Posts
Check out a post by Hammy21. He explains that the blower resister and harness were the problem. It seems that they overheat and the connection burns up or melts. I could not tell that the resister connection was burnt until I actually pulled the connection. It takes about 30 minutes to repair. My dealer had the parts in stock which makes me believe this is a common Solstice problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts