Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked through all the parts diagrams and can't find this part. maybe you can help!

behind the driver's headrest on the silver bezel there is a piece that flips up as one raises the top. the flipping is actuated by a cable that is held into that flipping piece with a plastic clip. the plastic clip has sheared off somehow and the cable just falls out so i have to manually flip up the plastic every time i raise the top.

maybe i could use something else to hold the cable in place?

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Cheap plastic sh!t anyway... I'll have to look on my Sol to see which piece it is - pics always help. I'd wager that it's a standard cable end/clip and that's why it's not showing up in diagrams.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Took a look at mine. It's red, 90 degree bend in it with a tapered nose that goes into the hole and a "leg" that clips over the cable body, right?

Yeah, I'm thinking that's a standard part used in hundreds of cable connections across all GM platforms.

Might get lucky and find something at an auto parts store. Sometimes they have "packages" of clips and snaps, usually counterfeits. Dealer might be able to throw you a bone if they have one sitting on the shelf, and they might indeed have.

Might try here:

ClipsAndFasteners.com - Automotive Retainers,Clips and Fasteners

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Took a look at mine. It's red, 90 degree bend in it with a tapered nose that goes into the hole and a "leg" that clips over the cable body, right?

Yeah, I'm thinking that's a standard part used in hundreds of cable connections across all GM platforms.

Might get lucky and find something at an auto parts store. Sometimes they have "packages" of clips and snaps, usually counterfeits. Dealer might be able to throw you a bone if they have one sitting on the shelf, and they might indeed have.

Might try here:

ClipsAndFasteners.com - Automotive Retainers,Clips and Fasteners
Nice find CW...
Could these be them? Sure looks like it!
GM Door Lock Rod Clip 3/16" (5mm) Rod Size RH
GM Door Lock Rod Clip 3/16" (5mm) Rod Size LH

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Looks like Marv and Soup nailed it! Holy [email protected]# balls batman! $3.58 and up to 6 bucks a piece? That's a nickel part from the molding shop! I need to consider going rogue. lol

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
On one hand you're right, cw. On the other, that $3.58 is list price (and you'd prob get it a bit cheaper) and still comparable to those 'blister packs' at your local parts store.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow, you guys are amazing! i would pay the $4 but when you add shipping it's at least 10. i'm going to try the auto parts store now that i know that it's a bushing commonly used in door locks.

thanks, guys!

·
Registered
937 Posts
Rob The Elder has posted the part number on the forum, a couple of times. But, I cannot find the posts. Shoot him a PM.

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
wow, you guys are amazing! i would pay the $4 but when you add shipping it's at least 10. i'm going to try the auto parts store now that i know that it's a bushing commonly used in door locks.

thanks, guys!
Just go to your local GM dealer parts counter. No shipping cost.

Rob The Elder has posted the part number on the forum, a couple of times. But, I cannot find the posts. Shoot him a PM.
Part numbers already linked in my post above.

·
Registered
56 Posts
See REPLACING BUTTRESS CABLE w PICS posted 07-25-2015, 12:00 PM
Go to NAPA get door lock rod clip part # 735-2783 at $ 3.52
and
REPLACING BUTTRESS CABLE CLIPS w PICS 03-08-2014, 05:45 PM
NAPA part is black in color

·
Premium Member
3,922 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts