Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
You can put a new door on it and get a set of side skirts and just cover over the damaged rocker panel.

Doors can be gotten from Redline Autoparts out of Florida and Norms Fiberglass makes a set of side skirts as does RKSport.

RKSport side skirts might be easier to work with because of how they sit on the car and also because you can bend them if needed.

That is what I would do. Clean up the damaged rocker and primer it o it doesn't rust and then put side skirts on it.
This doesn’t sound like a bad option. Do you know if the aftermarket panel cover inside the door jam? I’ll attach pictures, but there is a fold in the metal.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I saw a few complete doors on ebay last night for around $330-$350

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
There is a youtube channel where they pulled the right quarterpanel and replaced. They go through all the necessary steps First you need to drill out all the spot welds, then head to activate the glue. They did it successfully.

There are places that still have new old stock quarter panels. You should not have to buy a doner car.

Its a lot of work but not really that challenging if you take your time.

These guys have videos of replacing they quarter panel

(14) Trying to Fix a Coupe with Convertible Parts - Pontiac Solstice Coupe Rebuild Pt. 4 - YouTube

·
Registered
414 Posts
The one i saw for $350 was left hand
Here are a couple of right hand doors

More may appear or you may find some locally.

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
6,377 Posts
@rob the elder

That video shows replacing a quarter panel with one that had the rocker cut off.

@Zach Jett
As far as inside the door jamb goes. that can get hammered down and then body filled. or optionally a small piece of metal can get cut out and a new one welded in so it's flat. I would not use body filler on the exterior of the rocker panel. Too many rocks kick up and hit it. the body filler will have a good possibility of chipping out. In the door jamb is not a concern of that happening.

The most cost effective solution for you is to cover over it. It's not the "right" way to fix it but it is the cheapest way. If you want to have it repaired the right way you will have to locate a rear quarter panel with the rocker still attached. The issue is going to be the metal being warped from heating it up to get it off the original vehicle and that means body filler will more then likely need to be used. As @rob the elder said, you might be able to locate a brand new one that is unused.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Everyone,
Someone t-boned me yesterday and crushed the passenger door and passenger rear fender/door jam or my solstice. Shop doesn't know if they will he able to find parts for it. Does anyone know of someone parting out there sol that might have those parts on hand? I don't care what color they are ( I'd get it repainted) and I think the gxp and na versions were the same for those parts. I'm willing to drive a reasonable distance and am located near the Portland oregon area and work in the tuscaloosa alabama area.
Hey Everyone,
Someone t-boned me yesterday and crushed the passenger door and passenger rear fender/door jam or my solstice. Shop doesn't know if they will he able to find parts for it. Does anyone know of someone parting out there sol that might have those parts on hand? I don't care what color they are ( I'd get it repainted) and I think the gxp and na versions were the same for those parts. I'm willing to drive a reasonable distance and am located near the Portland oregon area and work in the tuscaloosa alabama area.
In case you're looking to replace your car, I am selling my 2006 w/ 10,660 miles, silver, very good condition. Contact me at [email protected] for pictures.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Everyone,
I ajve one parting out, but am in iowa.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts