Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I'm a student at U.W.F. and I've been assigned to develop a marketing plan for the Pontiac Solstice. I figured if anyone would know where to get info on this stuff, you guys (and gals) would. I'm using some of your poll info already. Here are some of the specs.

1. What demographic groups would find the car most appealing?

2. What marketing outlets would be best target the demographic that is most appropriate for the car? (TV, internet, radio, etc.)

3. What features of the car should be emphasized in the marketing campaign?

4. How can relationship marketing be emphasized through the marketing campaign?

I have to sequence my marketing plan to coincide with the upcoming roll out. Hope nobody minds me using this info. If so just let me know and I'll back off Thanks for everyone's time...... [email protected]

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Feel free to use anything. We have done many polls (might have to dig down a bit to find them). My 2 cents below. If you need help finding one just yell, we'll search it out or make a new one.

1. What demographic groups would find the car most appealing?

Our polls have shown a wide appeal across all age brackets for the car.

2. What marketing outlets would be best target the demographic that is most appropriate for the car? (TV, internet, radio, etc.)

I assume you know about the Apprentice thing? TV worked well. Internet and magzines also seem to be popluar as well as placement in MTV and other various "awards" special events.

Beautiful design, great price, great performance. On the Apprentice Kendra emphasized emotional nature of the purchase. Curves might also be emphasized.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Product delivery in a timely fashion would really help!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Bishop said:
Price!! I loved this car from the get-go but the price is what blew my socks off (of course now pricing is semi-common knowledge so I don't know if this is still applicable)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Lots of info here if you look deep enough for it Bishop.

Are you sure you dont work for GM? There's been some dissatisfaction with their previous campaigns and maybe they're sending you out cause all the budget got blown on the Apprentice? :lol:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
So do you work for a Cox radio station or something? (I noticed the e-mail address).

Anyway, you might want to start by watching the Apprentice from April 14 of this year. The whole show was devoted to marketing the Solstice and would probably be a good place to start. I downloaded a copy via BitTorrent a while back, so you should still be able to find a copy.

As a side note, the whole idea of marketing on the Apprentice gave them a great target audience, since a lot of young, professional single people with upper-middle incomes tend to watch the show. That seems to be one of a couple good demographics to pursue for this car. Even though this car isn't extremely expensive, many lower income individuals are ruled out because it's not exactly practical. There is very little trunk space to carry anything, so it seems many people will use this as a second car.

Also, I assume you probably already found the age/gender poll, but it may be helpful also ...
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2165

·
Registered
905 Posts
SlySol said:
So do you work for a Cox radio station or something? (I noticed the e-mail address).
I thought Cox was a cable company as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fyi

It's Cox Cable and he's not an employee. Employee email addresses end in cox.com, customers end in cox.net.

UWF - I assume you mean University of West Florida? I'm from Pace, but just moved to Daphne, AL. My name is Graham McCollum. Any chance we know each other? :) Anyway, good luck with your project!

Graham

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone!

Wow didn't ecpect this much feedback so fast. I have to say thanks to all for all the help. I am a real student at University of West Florida, not working for cox or pontiac. This is my final project before graduation. I work for SmartCop (software company) out of Pensacola. I will be using all the info that has been posted. Once again thanks for everyones help.

Ian Fagan

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
GrahamMc said:
It's Cox Cable and he's not an employee. Employee email addresses end in cox.com, customers end in cox.net.
Ah yeah ... I used to know somebody who worked for a radio station at Cox Communications and the address looked familiar. I forgot his was a .com ending.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Ian, one item to consider when you use demographic info from here that it is already affected by the demographics of 1. the internet 2. blogging. So it may be skewed a little more towards the male side. Although we have a representative share of females here it is not nearly the ratio of female purchasers of this car will be.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Innovative design and price. I still have people guess the cost of the car to be over 35,000.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts