Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked at pages upon pages of searches on tire/wheel fitment. Most are about fitting different sizes of tires/wheels. I have a simple question. I want new tires/wheels for everyday driving. I will keep the old factory ones for extreme hot weather only.

I want to fit the standard tire/wheel combo(18x8, 245/45-18), but with an offset of 40mm. This will widen the tire/wheel 15mm. Will there be any fitment problems with this? I don't want any "headaches" to show up. As far as I know, I'll never lower the vehicle(2008 Sol Base).

Any comments from owners who have past experience would be appreciated by this newbie!

G.W.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Then you should be fine with that offset if you won't lower the car. And if you were to lower the car you'd have to roll the fender to the get rid of the sharp lip in the back.
Thanks for the input shabby. I hate to buy something and not really know how the purchase will work out. That's why it's really hard for me to do this purchase online and not in person. I'm more of a "touchy/feely" buyer. This ownership of a Solstice has really made me more dependent on the internet(from buying things to finding information). Thanks again.

G.W.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts