Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys just got my new to me engine in...
everything is grounded
battery did die shortly before the swap, battery charged up and working.

Car is not reading a fuel level (there is gas in it)
Scanner cannot communicate with ECM
No crank

Engine ground is grounded on engine in original spot.

(2.4 LE5 btw)
Can someone help me out, did I fry my ecm somehow?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I doubt you fried the ECM, probably something simple that always seems to get overlooked...

Did you check the fuses? There are a couple of ECM fuses in the Electric Center in the passenger footwell, and a couple more in the fuse block underhood.

Also verify that you've properly locked in the 3 electrical connectors at the ECM.

Best way to figure out which fuses to look at would be to reference the owner's manual, starting on page 5-96. If you no longer have a hard copy of the manual, you can search the web for "Pontiac Owner's Assistance." You should find a link to a GM site that gives you access to owner's manuals that you can search and download in pdf format.

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
I just swapped engines, same 2.4l, I figured out the issue..
I missed a ground on the harness..
Did the 2.4 come out of another Solstice / Sky? (Just curious.)

Engine swaps are a pain until you've done a few of them, on the same type of car. Your professional experience probably made this go 10x faster than my last swap.

I hope you enjoy it now that it is (?) driveable! (Not everyone likes working on the car as much as driving it, or so I have been told.)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes sir, I love driving it.

On The scale of swaps and replacements, the 2.4 is an extremely easy swap.

I used a g6 LE5
For any FWD LE5 swa p you need to do these steps

Reuse original crank pulley from the original engine, as the fwd won't have the pulley allowing you to have power steering.

Reuse original dip stick

Transfer power steering pump

I also removed the engine lift point from the rear as it would hit the cowl after installation.

Also make sure you evacuate the ac lines, there's no way to remove the compressor with the lines attached.

And remove the trans with the engine, it's a bitch to get it realigned with it still innrhe car, but is possible.

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
And remove the trans with the engine, it's a bitch to get it realigned with it still innrhe car, but is possible.
Yeah. I had a hard enough time getting it stabbed / realigned with both of them OUT of the car. That was significantly more difficult than R&R'ing the engine and transmission. The second time I did this, I made sure to number the transmission bolts with a sharpy so I could tell which ones went where. (Most were the same, but a few were different lengths.)

Enjoy. Let the modifications begin!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts