Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced my fog light bulbs. A human hand can get in there if you're a masochist. Looks like a bit of the fascia- which serves no purpose I see- is the major obstacle. Might trim those tabs off. To see what I mean open your hood and look straight down over the fog light area. A tab of body-colored fascia is bolted in place horizontally, single bolt. However it extends over an inch into space, holding nothing. if that were gone, this becomes much easier.

Lesson learned- remove and discard the new fog light gasket. Re-use the factory one. I had a new bulb housing break because the fit was so tight. I thought I broke the fog light housing for a moment. Just the bulb, whew.

Now bits of the bulb housing are inside the fog light. Not very clear as to how that assembly comes out without removing the fascia. The bits are currently trapped.

There's some 'long finger' type tweezers at work which may do the trick to get them out. Any other ideas to get those bits out?

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
I know this is too late, but the better way to replace the fog/turn bulbs is to pop off the grill surround and undo the two screws holding the fog/turn light assembly in place. Then just pull out the light assembly from the front and there you are - easy access. :)

You can still do this and tilt the light assembly up to let the broken bit fall out.

To pop off the surround, just poke your fingers into the grill holes and pull to unclip the inside edges, then pivot out toward the outside edge...

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It pops off? Jeez...I have to buy some manuals

1 - 4 of 4 Posts