Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,953 Posts
Thanks JohnWR, but if you don't mind I'd appreciate if yo would let the poster answer questions that are directed to them. Thanks in advance.
You're welcome. I did let the poster answer the question directed at him, he just happened to have answered it before you asked. So I guess you are actually welcome in advance, too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
This 09 GXP has been sold. It looks really nice, and the miles and price tell me that this car was a bargain. I bought my car for cash, but I might have taken out a loan to get this one
I was actually the one who bought it. Flew out to Pittsburgh this morning with cash and as we were driving to drop the owner off after he picked me up from the airport... CEL came on. We stopped at autozone and:

p2270
P2270
P2096
P2195

Ugh... I told him I’d give him $10k and just take it and figure it out. He wanted to fix it. Seriously, a super nice guy and was totally bummed (not as much as me but what could either of us do?) He is going to get it fixed and reach back out to me to come back. So heartbroken, the car was for real like new. He also had a black GXP coupe with 14k that was unbelievable.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
I was actually the one who bought it. Flew out to Pittsburgh this morning with cash and as we were driving to drop the owner off after he picked me up from the airport... CEL came on. We stopped at autozone and:

p2270
P2270
P2096
P2195

Ugh... I told him I’d give him $10k and just take it and figure it out. He wanted to fix it. Seriously, a super nice guy and was totally bummed (not as much as me but what could either of us do?) He is going to get it fixed and reach back out to me to come back. So heartbroken, the car was for real like new. He also had a black GXP coupe with 14k that was unbelievable.
Well...they're all related to the O2 sensors. Should be a quick, easy fix. I just read this...I was going to suggest you look at the Saturn Sky as they are the same car. Hopefully he calls you back!!

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Thank you everyone who has posted! This is exactly what I was hoping for - as many opinions as possible. Overall I feel like I'm stuck right in the middle because of the following (not taking into account performance):

N/A - at 71,000 miles, just the regular things that are going to come up are strut/spring replacement, clutch replacement (feels good now but...), and little things here and there (seals, bushings etc). The car also has no ABS, no traction control, no cruise but it does have power door locks, a/c auto lights and after the scrape is repaired (it's in the shop now) it will really shine nicely. I'll also want to upgrade the stereo (I like my music).

GXP - 40,000 miles - I'll have about another 10,000 miles until I have to worry about anything major as far as repairs go so I'll have time to save up some cash for that. It has all of the GXP options that aren't available on the N/A and the stereo is better out of the gate, "premium" headliner (not sure if that actually makes a difference). The resale value will probably hold up a bit better too, especially considering the mileage and the fact that it's the last year the car was available.

I am actually curious, how is the traction control on these cars? Also, please let me know if what I have posted makes sense or if I'm completely off base.
Huh? Looks to me like he was asking about traction control on both....Or did you read something I didn't????

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Well JarkMackson...are you an owner yet???? Inquiring minds want to know....:lurk:

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Guess he has fallen off the face of the Earth....would love to know how this turned out if you're still around.....

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Probably bought a Miata...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
Hi again! Sorry I Disappeared, strange set of circumstances with both my family and work kept me away. I spoke to the guy with the GXP and it ended up being an O2 sensor, all good now but now I'm stuck with a new dilemma: one of my friends knew I was looking for one and did his research and found orange 08 GXP with 32k, just checked it out today and it is in excellent shape so now I'm currently presented with this choice:

2009 GXP
40k miles
Maroon
Monsoon stereo
Illuminated Solstice door Sills
Illuminated GXP rear wind deflector
Only issue is a dime size spot of oxidation on the hood
$11,000

2008 GXP
32k miles
Orange
Monsoon stereo
Completely stock
Two issues: a very tiny scuff on the front bumper driver side near the tire oh, I'm pretty sure it can be mostly buffed out, and the headlights are cloudy
$10,000

Any thoughts or advice anyone could give me to help me pick would be greatly appreciated (sorry if I'm being annoying).

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
That's a darned difficult choice. They are the two best colors (IMO) and there's really little to choose between them with the slightly lower mileage of the 08 offsetting the newer year of the 09.

But if I'm not confused, haven't you already bought the 09? If so, it's a no-brainer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
That's a darned difficult choice. They are the two best colors (IMO) and there's really little to choose between them with the slightly lower mileage of the 08 offsetting the newer year of the 09.

But if I'm not confused, haven't you already bought the 09? If so, it's a no-brainer.
I didn't buy the 09 yet, I went out to buy it but there was an CEL issue and the seller is a really nice guy and didn't want to sell me the car if there was a problem so he had it checked out and all is well now. I I agree about both of those colors being the best to choose from, now I have to make that choice!

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Well...I see posting from my cell phone works well....NOT!!!! I thought I replied to this post yesterday from my cell phone but it apparently didn't post even though it showed up on my cell phone. hmmmm...... This is a tough choice. The '09 I think might be a bit more valuable in the future....as long as the mileage is kept low. However, the orange color tends to go for a higher commanded price in the midwest. IE, the orange is a $13,500 car up here in Detroit all day long. Neither is a bad choice. Remember, the '09 is a bit different build wise then the '08. Items like the oil return line on the turbo are in a different location....the wiring harness is routed differently. Just 2 of the items I learned in the last month..... Not that it would affect anything.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Very close but I tend to go for the 2009

What is the built date of both cars?
Not sure of the dates but I am leaning toward the '09. When I first started looking I ordered the F430 front bumper from Norms Fiberglass and the Sport fenders from DDM works and I think they would probably look a little better on the Maroon car than the orange. The only other visual mod I think I would do would be to smoke the back of the headlights.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Well...I see posting from my cell phone works well....NOT!!!! I thought I replied to this post yesterday from my cell phone but it apparently didn't post even though it showed up on my cell phone. hmmmm...... This is a tough choice. The '09 I think might be a bit more valuable in the future....as long as the mileage is kept low. However, the orange color tends to go for a higher commanded price in the midwest. IE, the orange is a $13,500 car up here in Detroit all day long. Neither is a bad choice. Remember, the '09 is a bit different build wise then the '08. Items like the oil return line on the turbo are in a different location....the wiring harness is routed differently. Just 2 of the items I learned in the last month..... Not that it would affect anything.
Oh wow! I thought the 08 & 09 were the same. I had no idea there were any changes between the years.

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
Oh wow! I thought the 08 & 09 were the same. I had no idea there were any changes between the years.
Yup. There are other changes too, like the 09's have Bluetooth (phone calls only, not audio streaming) and some have the USB radio (it was an option). On the other hand, the 08's have the center-rear cupholders, which were deleted in 09.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts