Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
I replaced three fuel pumps in the same car one summer. Another time I wiped out three main bearings, and had to fix it over a weekend so I could get to work. That's all on a classic muscle car. The parts were cheap though. But, the pain in the ass factor was fairly high.

My personal opinion is: worrying about it will not make a part fail prematurely, and the lack of a current problem is usually considered a good thing.
(y) Anyone who hasn't been up working all night to fix a car they have to drive to work the next day may not have shared these golden moments that we have.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I really appreciate you saying this. I agree with everything you said.
Thank you

You have gotten a wide range of alternatives to think about. Keep in mind what you first said about the car meaning the world to you. Go to any car show and ask ANYONE how much they spend keeping their beast maintained. You do what you can because you love the car. If you are only able to do one thing a year, that's fine. Everyone does what they can. My first fender was the consequence of shaking hands with a telephone pole (low speed). Got a friend who was somewhat savvy and fixed it myself. Taking the replacement off at the junkyard taught me a lot. Other people here got professional training. But we all love our cars, or we wouldn't be here. Don't lose that feeling.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts