Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
A second note of explanation

As Diana said...we are NOT speed freaks

let me explain ..using an analogy that JRinky and I came up with a few years ago ('08..I think)

SR555 is posted (white state sign) as 55 mph...that is the legal speed on
the road.

The road is very twisty with lots of blind rises.

YELLOW signs (state "suggestions") may say "dangerous curves..20 mph!!

NOW...IF YOU BELIEVE THAT YELLOW SIGN ...and enter the curve at 20 mph
then you are a CRUISER

If you say....thanks...but i can do it at 35....then you are a MIDDLING driver (like most of us)

If you say...the hell with it..the state speed limit is 55...I'm doing 55 then you are a bit crazy and we would call you (past tense) Aggressive

We do not condone Aggressive driving..it gives off the wrong vibes...and we didn't use that term at the 2010 National event...we called it Middling++

Granted, due to exuberance we may exceed 55 on a straight occasionally, but that too is frowned on . We go through a lot of tiny towns with no stoplights...no fast food...no gas stations. WE RESPECT these people and their towns and we intend to keep it that way.

Except for Marco...we have NEVER been pulled over for an infraction and we intend to keep it that way.

We have a great symbiosis with the locals..they wave as we pass through...we honk and wave...the Amish in the buggies wave the most because we never spook their horses.

We love the twisties and have lots of great road courses to prove it

Come try us out.

Btw...except for bikes and maybe a mini or two...NO OTHER CAR CLUB travels our roads...and we like it just fine that way.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Duly noted, you guys are a serious bunch :) Don't worry, I will stop calling the event a cruise.

I like the picture of the triple-digit infraction. A quick search showed results for a moving-radar device for MPH Python. My documented, highest infraction is still a meek double digit. Hats off to you, Sir.

Just comparing notes, what route is planned for this '11 event ? Has it been the same route ? Maybe I can drive through it before the event. My wife and I have been doing some training on 62 with our Z06s; half the time on slicks.
Just to set the record straight, the pictures that I posted were of a former NEO area gentleman named Marco. I would never take credit for somone else's fame. ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Where exactly are you from POS VETTE? I live in Canton and 62 & 77 interchange is only a few miles up the highway from me...
I live in Columbus.

POS

there are at least 5-7 tried and true road courses.

To give you an idea because you seem to be a bit knowledgeable
of the general area.
The following routes are incorporated into many of our runs

SR 258/342 N'town to Freeport
SR513 from US22 down to 78
SR26 from Woodsfield to Marietta
also top end of 26 to Woodsfield
SR555 from Little Hocking to Zanesville
SR662 from 209 to 93
Various pieces of SR83 and 93
SR751

and a whole mess more

if you are moderately interested I suggest you stay in touch
By April there will be exploring and checking of road conditions
prior to the April 28-30th event

p.s. POS 62 is a center divided HIGHWAY....we rarely do that unless forced to...to get from one twisty to the next
"My 62" is between Martinsburg (can be Utica) and Millersburg.

That's quite a collection of roads. I have only been to 83 and 93 between Coshocton and Sugar Creek from your list. We don't go south of I-70; usually roam around in New Philadelphia/Sugar Creek/Walnut Creek/Charm/Baltic/Coshocton areas. These are, on average, narrow two-lane roads (557 came to mind) which, mostly, have little to no traffic.

Granted, due to exuberance we may exceed 55 on a straight occasionally, but that too is frowned on . We go through a lot of tiny towns with no stoplights...no fast food...no gas stations. WE RESPECT these people and their towns and we intend to keep it that way.

Except for Marco...we have NEVER been pulled over for an infraction and we intend to keep it that way.

We have a great symbiosis with the locals..they wave as we pass through...we honk and wave...the Amish in the buggies wave the most because we never spook their horses.

We love the twisties and have lots of great road courses to prove it

Come try us out.

Btw...except for bikes and maybe a mini or two...NO OTHER CAR CLUB travels our roads...and we like it just fine that way.
Like I've said, we may come out with you guys and try what our Kappa can do. I may need find a set of stickies for it.

The Amish is always friendly like that. I've never found one not waving while we're on the road; probably since circa 2001. Wife's Grandfather used to drive for an Amish family and he knows quite impressive roads which pass through Amish communities/villages even some dirt/gravel roads.

There are a few tiny tiny towns along "my 62". One is called Artanna. I always say "don't blink" when passing through :D

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
sorry..missed this

nope

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Just awoke from the Winter Blues here in Chicago. The huge snowstorm has melted and we are excited about bringing Orange Crush down from its hoist above the blazer--when the weather warms up!

We are "maybe" for the Spring Classic and "looks good" for the Fall. Looking forward to seeing everyone!:willy::willy:

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
see other thread on the Spring Event

·
Registered
39 Posts
Any Twisty Days Coming up in Cleveland?

Well, it is summer and the 6 weeks of rain are so far, behind us.

Are there any plans for a Cleveland twisty road run?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Ummm are there twisties in cleveland? lol I know there are plenty of police patrolling up there though!

Next event is nationals in Austin TX. However that is quite a haul (im not going). However if you want to see what is up with the event in Ajax Ontario, I will be there!

Finally the next "close" NEO run will be in the coming fall. There should be a a bunch of people in attendance. I should be there as well :)

Did you make it to the spring classic? Because im sure the fall classic will be very similar to it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I need to hook up with your group for the fall run. I live in SE Ohio where you guys have run it looks like, and actually right off SR 26 where I have seen some of your pics taken on.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
I need to hook up with your group for the fall run. I live in SE Ohio where you guys have run it looks like, and actually right off SR 26 where I have seen some of your pics taken on.
Holy Crap! The hill climb on 26 and 555 are in your backyard! We go right thru Marietta! :bow:

Why have you not run with us before! :willy:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hill climb on SR 26 as we call it is "Pete Baker Hill" and I broke my arm riding my bike down that when I was 12 yrs old, just didn't realize a NEO group came this way. I'll make sure I hook up this yr though. I remember seeing the pics of a group going thru the high water once and someone posted a pic of a Posse of Sols coming thru one of the Covered Bridges we have along that route. SR 26, 550 between Marietta and Athens, & 78 runs from Woodsfield to Mcconelsvile are all good routes and popular for Bikers as well.

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #95 (Edited)
Columbus Day weekend

fun starts Friday morning in Newcomerstown

we use that as our home base.

we find a variety of ways to get to Woodsfield...Marietta and other
places. You can choose your own group and your level of intensity

we have cruisers...middling and i test groups.

stay in touch

PM me your personal information if you wish

a few memories below

81 - 95 of 95 Posts