Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 3501 Posts

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
ALREADY?....YES

Mark your calendars for 03-23 and 03-24-07 as the NEO/PA SOS Spring Run starts off another season of fun and twisties.

[The route has not changed, although we may tweak it a bit.
So Starting point is still the SPREAD EAGLE TAVERN in Hanoverton Ohio]

Please note change to start location:
** Starting point has been changed to the Comfort Inn in Alliance, OH **

Start time is 1 pm again...but we will congregate earlier - as before.

What has changed...........a few things

#1 Rooms......a block of 25 rooms has already been put aside for 03-23 and for 03-24 under the name NEO/PA Solstice club. I have finagled a price of $69.95 per night. Also...if we book 20 rooms (like we won't?) we will get the Carnation Meeting Room for free. The phone number of the Alliance Comfort Inn is 330-821-5555...there is no toll free (800 #).
Strongly suggest if you are ready to commit that you call and get your rooms put aside. That way I can keep a running count of how many rooms are left and if I need to get MORE ROOMS. !!!!!!!!!

#2 Dinner......We will not be having dinner at the Spread Eagle due to a variety of issues...including space and time. Dinner will be held 1/2 mile for the Comfort Inn at BRANDON'S IRON STEAKHOUSE. Dinner will be at 6 p.m. and we can stay as late as 11 p.m. There will be a cash bar in our private area also. (Yes...your booze is on your own tab ~!)

The menu and the price are already established. Dinner will be a flat $20.00 per person for Dinner ...taxes and tip and that includes all NON alcoholic beverages like tea coffee coke etc. . Your choices are as follows

#1 BRANDON'S FLAT IRON STEAK.....the second most tender, next to the filet with absolute flavor. 10 OZ portion

#2 SALMON.......Chargrilled Atlantic salmon...grilled to perfection

#3 ITALIAN TUSCAN CHICKEN......tender grilled chicken with green peppers and onions in a tomato red sauce. Served over penne pasta and topped with provolone cheese.

ALL DINNERS will include some of the following too. Iceberg house salad, soup of the day...cinnamon pecan apples or fresh vegetable. also a choice of baked potato, fries rice pilaf , baked sweet potato - red skin garlic smashed potatoes.

You may start sending me money any time you feel like it. Your payment is a guarantee of your attendance and it helps me get a dinner head count too.

I will get the usual excel spread sheet started over the next little while.

Lastly...for the out of towners Brandon's is prepared to host us on Friday night also for the pre-run dinner., but there is a Don Pancho's Southwestern grill in Alliance and we could do that on Friday night- just like last year.

OK this is POST #1...I guarantee we will pass the established record of 3500 posts to a thread (Song title threads don't count)

I will announce that SolWhat? is already accepted as Committed Sol #1 as per his request of yesterday.

So let's get this rolling and see if we can get 50 cars this (2007)year...do i hear 60?

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also...if anybody wants to order t-shirts or sweat shirts...we are doing that again too . T-shirts are $15.00 and sweats are $25.00 (tax included)

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
smartin is interested and would like the salmon. :)

·
Administrator
9,240 Posts
So does this mean that our run on Monday is the FIRST pre-pre-run for the SOSpring? :lol:

Gee, last year I only had time to pre-run it 4 times - looks like we have plenty of time this year for pre-runs. :lol:

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no...this is just old friends catching up

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Warthog and Cindy are in. Menu order to follow much later.

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
So does this mean that our run on Monday is the FIRST pre-pre-run for the SOSpring? :lol:

Gee, last year I only had time to pre-run it 4 times - looks like we have plenty of time this year for pre-runs. :lol:
You will be so busy that you won't have time to run it more that once a month until March. :devil:

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Administrator
9,240 Posts
we could have lunch there monday instead of the Avalon?
:lol: Now that there are 3 of us coming from PA you want to lead us farther into the depths of OH? Should we be scared? :lol:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
No need to be scared, D-2 won't lure you too far west because the roads get really boring. :nopity:

·
Registered
672 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
I guess I have absolutely no excuse not to make this one...:lol:
Just be sure to let me know if the dates are changed...

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Hey Mike,
You do have me on your list, don't you? The calendar has been marked.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Steering committee will talk on monday and I will start a list

as a great man once said

"Round up the usual suspects"

(and now Mom will jump in with............ you know Louie..................)

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK for the sake of starting a list

Already for 03-24-07

DRUID-2
XMM
MOMSSOL
WARTHOG
SOLLI4ME
SOLWHAT?
smartin (????????)

i COULD ADD 20 more...but i'll wait for them to commit on paper

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:lol: Now that there are 3 of us coming from PA you want to lead us farther into the depths of OH?
If you don't mind an extra 20 minutes back to PA I would much rather dine at Brandon's !!! you could then get right on 62 and zip back

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,426 Posts
ALREADY?....YES

Mark your calendars for 03-23 and 03-24-07 as the NEO/PA SOS Spring Run starts off another season of fun and twisties.

I will announce that SolWhat? is already accepted as Committed Sol #1 as per his request of yesterday.
Why thank you brother, Druid-2. Calendar is marked. Sweeper position in line humbly requested.

Watch for photos in the Wis Dells thread, Irish and I did another route modification and pre-run today.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lunch Monday is Officially at Brandon's

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Brandon's is closed on Labor Day

WE REVERT TO THE ORIGINAL LUNCH TIME AND PLACE...THE AVALON

1 - 20 of 3501 Posts