Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

How did you fare on Solstice Order Day (2:00 ET 4/15/05)?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please post your status if you tried to get one. I've also left an option for the "I didn't try".

If you are one of the lucky ones, please post your war story here... and the time you got your order in. Thanks! :cheers:

·
Registered
405 Posts
It would have been nice for Canada to be eligible....but we were not, so we didn't even try...on the screen last nite it clearly said "Sorry, US resdents ONLY!" We HAVE been able to get order aknowledgment since March 28 though....

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
My order was confirmed at 2:35:20 after my dealer was kicked off of the web site twice when he hit the submit button at the end of myorder. I was really sweating blood. My order says pending but the description says the pending is until I can be contacted by Program Headquarters to verify my order. I was so fussed up after the experience that I had a hard time going back to work to finish a proposal I was preparing for a client. I'm too old to go through this any more. Good luck to all the rest of you especially those on the waiting list. There has to be orders which were incorrect so some of the people on the waiting list will still get a Sol.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
On the wait list as of 1:43:00 PM (assuming that's central time as HQ is in Illinois). Arrived at the dealer at 0830 (0730 CT). Quite annoyed! Holding out hope that I'm at least early enough on the wait list to slip in when someone gets cold feet and doesn't confirm.

*fingers crossed*

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am Pending

I recieved a status: Pending at 2:35:00

My dealer had five terminals up, all broadband. I was #1, but that obviously did not matter. At least two of the salesmen were very saavy, and new to hit the refresh button, not just to enter the server, but if the process bombed in the middle (this way they did not have to retype the info). They were relentless. I know they got 2, and then I had to go back to work.

Maybe I am just a little too nervous, but I am still not certain that Pending means I am in (although that seems to be the current thinking).

Also, I think the dealer made an error and typed my phone # in the order taken by # slot (maybe some hope for wait listees).

I feel a little bit bad for all of the forum members who did not make it, because if it were not for these members, I would not have been so prepared :thumbs: .

·
Registered
115 Posts
Since I had been the "teacher" for my dealership, I had actually told them that I wanted one the day they signed up...so I definitely was first...lol...mine went in first after 40 minutes of pushing the refresh key and calls to GM reps and even other dealers...second went in right after mine...and the third hit not more than a minute later. To be honest...the dealer owner...I USED TO work there called to check on the status at about 1:15CST and heard what was going on...he asked the sales manager how I was reacting...and I quote, "Gary is sitting here laughing"...I was past the point of stress...and yes, I actually screamed when I got the confirmation back on mine!! The fourth and fifth

·
Registered
25 Posts
:willy: 2:24pm - Patience and Perserverance won out. At my dealership they obtained a total of (3) EOP cars and I was one of them. I can't wait until we find out the ETA on delivery.

I spent from 11:00 am EST to 4:30 pm EST at my dealer making sure that my order was processed and that I was getting one of the first 1,000.

The General Manager and the VP gave me the banner, another apprentice brochure (my second), the program playbook, a button, the pocket card, and (2) consumer posters. The only thing I am lacking is the table topper, but I am not sure what I would do with that anyways.
:willy:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Got a Pending notice and left the dealership as the owner attempted to get more info. Got a call around 3:00 est that stated I was in.

Very crazy environment - not sure anyone else got in where I was.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I'll post my experience here. (Short answer, I'm not one of the 1000.)

Got to the dealership at 1pm. I had faxed my code and stuff the night before, so I'm their #2 guy to be attempted to get into the system. I talk to the GM some about everything that's going on. The night before they had 4 people interested in the EOP plus other pre-orders too. When I get in at 1pm there's now 10 people interested in the EOP. Two guys showed up on their doorstep at opening time because of the show to try to get in, and others showed up before 1pm. While I'm standing there 10 more people come in wanting one. I know this dealership has an allotment of 15 Solstices for the first 4 months. I start chatting with a guy that walked in at 8:30am to sign up. I'm pretty much the only person in the dealership who knew of the Solstice before last night.

2pm rolls around, they've supposedly got 3 computers trying to get EOP orders in. I feel confident.

2:05 rolls around, I'm feeling impatient. I should know by now, and I let it known. No one has an answer for me as to what's going on. Five more people have walked in wanting a EOP car.

2:30 rolls around, me and the other guy waiting to find out are both very impatient, we stand at the main counter waiting. Another 5 people have come in wanting one as well.

2:50 someone finally lets us know they only got one car, and the two of us weren't that one car. I'm upset because logicaly I don't understand why I don't have an EOP car. My order was attempted as #2 to get in and everyone else was behind me. I got screwed because Pontiacs server buckled under the load. They sat their trying to get mroe orders in but the system didn't let them till after the apparent magical 2:42pm time. :(

By this point they've sold their entire first 4 months allotment, and another 10 cars ontop of that. They've got 25 people who put down orders with deposits that if they didn't get into the EOP they were wanting to buy one anyways. There were about another 5 people who if they couldn't get EOP dind't want it. Since I pre-ordered I only put down $50. Every person that came in today had to put down $1000.

Well I guess I get to save more moeny now, and I can use my GM card points too. At least there was one upside to this entire experience.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Was hovering over my salesmans shoulder starting at 2. System finally let him complete my order at 2:40. He got halfway through the second preorder and it bombed out on him.

Flagg

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
Ok, it's 5:14pm on the east coast now, and all I know is that when I actually went to the Pontiac dealer on RT. 22 in NJ, at 1:20pm, I did get to see the car and have my Apprentice brochure signed by Raj. As far as the Early Bird Order goes, the saleguy tells me that there were five files ahead of me that had been faxed in last night and do I want to be put on the wait list? Gotta luv it.

So... I call another dealer from their parking lot and ask how many people does he have on board? He says 4, I'd be the fifth. He takes my information but forgets to get the 4 digit license number. He calls me back, enters the info around 2:20pm and I don't hear anything more from him.

So... I call him again, get a "circuits busy" message, dig out the phone book, call another number, he tells me that the boss won't be back until after four, to call back because so far, no confirmation number has come up. :banghead:

Just called the dealer who told me they're still trying to confirm their orders and he'll call me in the a.m. (Take two aspirin and call me in the morning)
Here's my momento for posterity:

·
Registered
504 Posts
JUST GOT A CALL FROM SALES AT MY PONTIAC DEALER.SAY HELLO TO A 1 IN A 1000 SOLSTICE OWNER!!!! :cheers: :party: :crazy: :thumbs: :willy: :devil: :cool:

p.s.do not what time all I know is he said it was a very frustrating experience but he got it done

·
Registered
79 Posts
I had a great Inventory Manager to work with at my local dealer. He started trying to get onto the site at qrarter of the hour and got on shortly after start time. However, he didn't get far until the system gave him a "server busy" error. He continued to get that error several more times while trying to complete my information. At that point he opened up a new entry into the web site and had even more problems. He got on the phone and called the help desk and finally got to them almost 2 hours after he started this process. They confirmed that his first attempt to enter my information had, in deed, registered my ID number and so that puts me in the first 1000. He was told to enter the remaining information later. He was also told that his second attempt to enter the site would not have gotten me into the 1000 group! He just called me to tell me this story and he seems convinced that I am in. I have been confirmed with a second call from Pontiac! Tomorrow I will confirm that my VOM has been changed from "pending" to "confirmed".

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
Congratulations, Satch!
I'm still disappointed, but you give me hope... maybe there's a chance for me yet.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
So brentil are totally out (not even in regular allocation)?

It ended up being a lottery, places in line or early depoaits meant nothing...if you walked in off street and your order took, you're in. I wonder how many people got in who knew nothing about the car? Maybe they'll get cold feet and drop out.

Early deposits still should give you first slot in allocation.

·
Registered
337 Posts
First, I have been a Lurker for about four months. I am now out and 1 of the 1000 baby. Time stamped at 2:39:00. Had all of the problems everybody else had with the server crashing. When my Dealer got on I thought I would just be lucky to get wait listed. Server crashed when dealer went to print Confirmation Page. But I got my Ref# and in pending mode. I am sorry for all who missed out - it was a true luck of the server.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
mceb said:
So brentil are totally out (not even in regular allocation)?

It ended up being a lottery, places in line or early depoaits meant nothing...if you walked in off street and your order took, you're in. I wonder how many people got in who knew nothing about the car? Maybe they'll get cold feet and drop out.

Early deposits still should give you first slot in allocation.
No sorry should have clarified that. I'm still waiting for one. I'm on the wait list, but byt the time I supposedly had my order in there's more then liekly a good 500 other people waiting in front of me. I was to frustrated to talk to my normal sales guy, so I'm going to call him ina bit and talk about what this means now. Since I was #2 and #1 got an EOP, I want to find out if I get to be #1 normal allocation now.

1 - 20 of 146 Posts