Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone getting a recent call from program HQ?

I just got a call, they seemed to be just checking in to reconfirm that I am still in for the Solstice first 1000.

They did mention production startup in July or August, delivery of all first 1000 by Sept or October.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Solstice EOP Making Courtesy Calls

Just received a call from Michelle at EOP Headquarters. Confirmed I was still interested in being one of the first 1000 (Yes), and said production to begin in July with first orders available late July to early August, and no later than October. Said they would stay in touch. It's coming... :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Sol Deep said:
Just received a call from Michelle at EOP Headquarters. Confirmed I was still interested in being one of the first 1000 (Yes), and said production to begin in July with first orders available late July to early August, and no later than October. Said they would stay in touch. It's coming... :)
I like Michelle, she took my initial info!!!!!!!

Early august would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I got my call this morning, same script. Shipment would begin late July or early August.

:cheers: :party: :cheers:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
They could save the cost of a few hundred phone calls by just posting a thread on this site! Better yet, if they would have done that all along we would be less perplexed by the not-so-always accurate info being circulated. :skep:

·
Registered
504 Posts
Pontiac call

Phyllis called,from Pontiac,about my email address,during the conversation she asked if I was going to actually purchase or cancel my order.I told her I was going to purchase,she thanked me and then said shipping would begin in August ending October for EOP.This is right from Pontiac,I have my hopes up. :willy: :cool:
OOOPs Didn't see thread for EOP courtesy call.So shoot me. :eek:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Production start up

I work for Deere and we have a start up begining July 5th. Although machines will roll off the line that week we won't ask for approval to release till July 20th and plan to have the first machines in dealers hand Aug 22nd.

I'm guessing GM has simular time tables for a new model. If they do by ship date we will only have 400-500 completed and quality tested.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Pontiac called me today!

Pontiac called me today at work. They asked if I still wanted my Solstice, DUH! Told me that the car would be shipped the last week of July or the first week of August! I think it was the same agency that called to verify our information during the EOP. So, looks like the cars are coming soon!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Fantasic !!!
Keep us posted as to when you actually do receive the car.
And, of course, your thoughts on the car's performance, fit, finish, etc.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Lucky bastard!

I'm trading in my Silverado for one... I have to wait until it reaches the LOT since my dealer is an idiot. (Too bad he's my best friend.)

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
I just got off the phone with Phyllis and it was like Mike said to see if we were still breathing here.

·
Registered
479 Posts
mikefred1952 said:
Pontiac called me today at work. They asked if I still wanted my Solstice, DUH! Told me that the car would be shipped the last week of July or the first week of August! I think it was the same agency that called to verify our information during the EOP. So, looks like the cars are coming soon!
Maybe your the 1st of the 1000 EOP cars!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Got my call at work today,too. Was told I should get my car in August. Looks like things are starting to happen.

Steak

·
Registered
316 Posts
Sol Deep said:
Same here. Michelle called and told me the same thing. She also said we could call the 800 number if we had questions. I said the call that really mattered to me the most was the dealer saying my car was on its way here. Hope I get mine in July!

WOOOOOO HOOOOOO! :willy:

·
Registered
123 Posts
We also got a call from Michelle- She said delivery late July. When my husband seemed skeptical she said delivery definitely by end of October. So- what's new?

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
hmmm, maybe they're looking for cancellations so they can give me back my first 1,000 slot. :brentil:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
solli4me said:
hmmm, maybe they're looking for cancellations so they can give me back my first 1,000 slot. :brentil:
Actually it did seem like they were fishing for people who wanted to cancel. Maybe with the delay they want to filter out the people who are quitting.

·
5,641 Posts
mceb said:
Actually it did seem like they were fishing for people who wanted to cancel. Maybe with the delay they want to filter out the people who are quitting.
Well, with production starting soon, this would be the last chance to find someone who is going to cancel and reassign the order to someone on the wait list, for them to configure to thier wants. After this point, the order is going to the original dealer regardless. So good idea by Pontiac to verify-confirm and reaffirm a sense of trust in the system.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts