Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looked over at http://www.gmaccessories.net/flowauto/SEARCH.aspx?make=Pontiac and found the Air box

GM PART # 17800764
CATEGORY: All
PACK QTY: 1 CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $420.00
OUR PRICE: $294.00
DESCRIPTION: AIR BOX

Does anybody know what this is and why would I need it??

Thanks
Frank

PS: Still waiting for the Solstice Car cover ( I hope they custom embroyder it)

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
It's an Air Intake cleaner kit:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
... I guess you don't know what the air intake is! LOL

·
Registered
542 Posts
Not sure why the LOL...the guy is asking a question... let me ask it a different way, how is this different than the air intake systems offered by Kappashpere?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
It's a replacement air intake system for the car. We have yet to see images or specs of it but expect it to be less restrictive then the current one. It might possibly remove the resonators and use a better filter. Like the replacement exhaust it makes the car sounds more aggresive and gives some perofmance gains. They're not actually out yet I believe.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
wannasolstice2 said:
Not sure why the LOL...the guy is asking a question... let me ask it a different way, how is this different than the air intake systems offered by Kappashpere?
Sorry, I thought it was funny because he initially called it an Air Box - which is in the spec listing as a short name - but the link explained it as an Air Intake Kit. I guess I should have been more understanding and just pasted in the Googled definition that I found. In the meantime, Brentil did a great job explaining what it is. :leaving:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts