Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently install new Big Bang air intake system by RPM motor sports ,I bought just for the looks as I show my GXP at local shows.The reason Im posting this is the car is now in limp mode wont accelerate and wont shift properly , Ill be sending off codes for RPM to read and wait for there fix.Brand new product just wait before you buy till they take care of issue.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Simple installation no screw ups, new product not working with programing.

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
Some of the earlier aftermarket "CAI" products caused sir flow turbulence that messed up the MAF readings and tripped codes. Usually this wasn't immediate though, but occasionally and/or after particular hard driving, so not sure if yours has the similar issue.

·
Premium Member
10,439 Posts
Show a picture of the CAI to see where the connection to the MAF is located in this product.
The GM performance version was the only one that had the MAF position on the right place to make it work.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Did you mean "Big Shot" Intake? I don't see a "Big Bang" intake on the RPM site.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Big Bang air intake is under solstice parts by RPM MOTOR SPORTS, talked to martin last night,now im trying to find HP tuner in this area of virginia to fix problem.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Glad you are getting it worked out, I must be blind as I went to the RPM site a 2nd time, looked under Solstice/Sky parts, and still only see "Big Shot" intake, no Big Bang intake listed that I see. But I am getting old!

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BIG BANG -BIG SHOT,HEY IM PROBLEY JUST AS OLD,WITH OUT STICKY NOTES IM SCREWED

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
This is a common issue with putting a CAI, as I had stated in other posts on other forums (facebook) that people do not realize. The ONLY CAI made for our cars is the GMPP CAI. Most others cause a CEL until you get retuned. When I tried to tell someone on Facebook last week, I was mocked and ridiculed for it. Hope you get your issue fixed and it doesn't cost you too much to leave the CAI on your car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts