Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/gals!

Autoweek May 3rd issue which is currently only on the internet has a full story on early test models with driving reports and pictures with the top up. But understand these are test "mules" and are not production models, so they are very rough looking. They do divulge a lot more details of interior dimensions - bigger than a Miata, almost as big as a Corvette! Also handling, power, and stability characteristics are fully discussed.
Sounds like they like what they experienced.
Check it out:
http://www.autoweek.com/search/search_display.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=coverstory&content_code=01911011&Search_Type=STD&Search_ID=2093518&record=1

:thumbs
JW

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Yup, we've had the that article in our news section. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Agree, it was up too soon. Normally I guess they expose aritcles after the magazine is off newstands. They left the place holder for when it comes back. Since it's weekly magazine it should reappear in week or so.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
This month's Car and Driver has a couple good pics with the tops up on the Solstice test mules. I would imagine pics are up on their website, although I haven't looked. Got my issue yesterday.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Went to CarandDriver.com and typed Solstice in their search and only found older articles. The Feb 2004 one has me a little worried. In discribing differences between the prototype and production cars it said, "The prototype weighs 2860 and the production car weighs about 350 pounds more." That's 3210 pounds!!! :mad

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
That C&D article has been discussed and most believe that weight to be crap-ola. Several recent articles all quote the 2860 figure. I wouldn't sweat it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Magazine Articles

I went to my local magazine store and picked up the following:
MOTOR TREND (June 2004) - Nice article on driving the Solstice, accompanied by pics including a couple with the top up.
AUTO WORLD (March 2004), which has a really nice picture of the Solstice on the cover, but I couldn't find anything inside! It also stated that the price will be $22,000 . . ?
PONTIAC ENTHUSIAST (May/June 2004) With a picture at the top of the front cover and the heading: "Solstice: Production Update." There's a full page article inside.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts