Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08. Just replaced my battery. The key fob works fine but I have dashes for my tire pressure. I saw a thread about 08 specific models and this issue but it says dashes and non working key fob. Do I need to just drive around for a bit or do a reprogram with the key fob like when a tire rotation is done or is this a dealer issue? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
7,754 Posts
It is probably a dealer issue for a re-flash of the TPMS controller.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is probably a dealer issue for a re-flash of the TPMS controller.
Ok. Thanks. Am I ok locking the car with the fob? My wife actually drives it so I don’t want her getting caught somewhere with the alarm set and locked then the fob not work all of the sudden and she not be able to disarm the alarm?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Ok. Thanks. Am I ok locking the car with the fob? My wife actually drives it so I don’t want her getting caught somewhere with the alarm set and locked then the fob not work all of the sudden and she not be able to disarm the alarm?

try it a number of times and see what happens

Bill

·
Super Moderator
7,754 Posts
I think that it is unlikely that the RCDLR would work to lock the doors but then not work to unlock them, but anything is, of course, possible. The worst case I can think of if that does happen would be that the alarm would sound from the time she manually unlocks the door until she puts the key in the ignition and powers the car. Powering the car with the correct key is always supposed to cancel the alarm, and the VTD system is not part of the RCDLR.

It would be wise to confirm that the key will lock and unlock the doors.

RCDLR = Remote Control Door Lock Receiver
VTD = Vehicle Theft Deterrent

Reactions: R&T

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, took the car out and for about 5 minutes the front tires had dashes and the rears where reading psi. After about 15 minutes the fronts started reading psi. Apparently I didn’t have the battery disconnected long enough to cancel everything so that’s good news. Thanks for the help everyone. I also wasn’t aware of the key canceling the alarm. We’ve had it for 12 years and never knew that.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Solstices do not have VATS (PASS-key). VATS has not been used since 2003 or 2004, somewhere around then. GM replaced VATS with a transmitter and responder (transponder) system. This is what the Solstice has.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well, took the car out and for about 5 minutes the front tires had dashes and the rears where reading psi. After about 15 minutes the fronts started reading psi. Apparently I didn’t have the battery disconnected long enough to cancel everything so that’s good news. Thanks for the help everyone. I also wasn’t aware of the key canceling the alarm. We’ve had it for 12 years and never knew that.
Yup that worked. The TPMS will go to sleep to save on the batteries in the transmitters when the car sits for a long time, or vehicle battery is low for an extended period. Once the Battery is recharged or replaced and the vehicle is driven a bit, everything comes back to life.

Reactions: R&T
1 - 8 of 8 Posts