Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting interview with Mark Reuss, the head of GM performance engineering in GM Hi-Tech magazine. A lot of general GM stuff but of course some Solstice passages. He's also pictured next to a Solstice.

GMHTP:
In this photo we have of you with the Solstice, you look pretty happy sitting behind the wheel.
M.R:
(laughs) Definitely!

GMHTP:
Is the Solstice the kind of fall-in-love product that GM plans to make more of in the future?
M.R:
Absolutely. That kind of public response on that one was phenomenal. It's phenomenal because of, number one, its design. The first time you see it, it really grabs you in the heart. And I think the original cars had a little bit of that. I also think that cars like Solstice, the Bel Air and the Cien are what we're going to go after and we're going to use those concept vehicles as reaction buttons with the public. Most of these things are going to be pretty hot. The next round here in Detroit will blow your socks off. Yeah, you're going to see some stuff that we're going to put in production on some of those.

Article:

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/features/0303GM_NewBlood/

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
His comments sound like the future should bode well for GM. It also soundsl like the interview is not too recent. They did it when the last F-body rolled off the line. The interviewer is also asking him about a potential RWD delta, and he says they would do a new architecture for a small RWD (now Kappa). Hopefully they do make good on all these exciting cars. GM has a habit of dropping the ball on some of their promises.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fformula88 said:
His comments sound like the future should bode well for GM. It also soundsl like the interview is not too recent. They did it when the last F-body rolled off the line. The interviewer is also asking him about a potential RWD delta, and he says they would do a new architecture for a small RWD (now Kappa).
Good point, there was no date on the by line. The URL has an "0303" in it so I wonder if it's March of 2003.

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
nighttripper said:
GMHTP:
Joshua Jarmon from Irving, Texas asks: With all the recent car concept vehicles that have been powered by engines using forced induction, is GM Performance Division going to use forced induction in any of its production vehicles?
M.R:
Absolutely. We're looking at turbos and superchargers. Tom Stephens' engines like the Ecotec and the Quad 4 in our existing product. In fact, SPO offers a pretty nice supercharger kit on the Quad 4 that gives about 40-plus horsepower. We are doing the performance part side with the dealerships, but we're also going to put it into some product lines as we go forward..

I find this answer interesting for those wondering about more power. The fact that SPO carries the supercharger kits for the Quad 4. I often wondered about the superchargers kits that were storing

·
Registered
533 Posts
What do you suppose that "stuff" he mentioned is?

"The next round here in Detroit will blow your socks off. Yeah, you're going to see some stuff that we're going to put in production on some of those. "

1 - 6 of 6 Posts