Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got our first batch of new 3M Di-Noc Carbon Fiber wrap film. We will be able to wrap a variety of interior and exterior parts with the amazing new product from 3M. Check out the photos I took of a small notebook PC that I covered with it as well as close ups of the raw film itself. We are first offering this as an upgrade to our A-Pillar & Rear Panel wraps kits. This material is much more expensive but I think it's worth it and the photos show it. Our previous material was a print that tries to simulate the effects of carbon fiber but this stuff just looks gorgeous. If you are interested in a specific application for this product, PM me. I don't have my car back yet to test it on interior parts, but I think that it would work very well on just about any plastic part in the car. Let me know what you think.

Tony

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Looks Great!!!!!!

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have this material on my A-Pillar, Rear Panel and hood airvents, looks great and it holds great for 6 months and still counting.
Yes, it was expensive, about triple price as the standard but the look worth the money :thumbs: Tony

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Not to bang or bash.

I had a buddy who had this on his car. And it started to fade into a yellow haze. Not sure if it was made by a different company.

Looked good when it was on his car before it hazed on him.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Looks great!!! Good luck with the new product!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Not to bang or bash.

I had a buddy who had this on his car. And it started to fade into a yellow haze. Not sure if it was made by a different company.

This stuff has the appearance of dry carbon so that would be quite interesting to see it fade or yellow. The texture is actually embedded in the material. There is no gloss or coated look to it at all.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Tony:

The manufacturer suggests using 3M Tape Primer 94 before applying this product but I don't see it listed on your web site as part of the installation package. Did you find that it was easy to install without applying the primer beforehand?

Josh

·
Registered
85 Posts
Not to bang or bash.

Just sounds like a cheep material was used. You get the same thing in molded carbon fiber parts. Those using a polyester resin will warp/re-size and discolor as they age. With a quality epoxy resin, the part will retain its color, shape, and size. Though you also have dry carbon, which is a topic all to itself.

3M tends to make high quality commercial grade products, plus I don't feel Tony would steer us wrong.

Good looking material, but do they offer it in any other weave patterns? Say maybe a carbon/Kevlar hybrid?

Tugeaux

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tony:

The manufacturer suggests using 3M Tape Primer 94 before applying this product but I don't see it listed on your web site as part of the installation package. Did you find that it was easy to install without applying the primer beforehand?

Josh
Yes, we plan to include a small amount of primer 94 with those kits as you have pointed out.

Thanks
Tony

·
Registered
523 Posts
How would this work on the dash?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks great! Now, can you get glow in the dark tape?
I can get glow in the dark vinyl if you want it. ;)

Good looking material, but do they offer it in any other weave patterns? Say maybe a carbon/Kevlar hybrid?

Tugeaux
I think they plan to offer colors, but not a different pattern. Keep ya posted.

How would this work on the dash?
Which part of the dash? I will have to experiment with it on textured surfaces, but think it will work. I will keep ya posted.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts