Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I work for a company called KappaSphere. We will specialize in products exclusively for the Solstice and Sky. We are modeling this company on the success of our parent company, Sector111, a company that caters specifically to another unique sports car, the Lotus Elise.

We have both a Solstice and Sky on order and are waiting patiently for our cars. We develop products that we want on our own cars, and hope others will too. We test out all of our products on the street and track. Frankly we are a bunch of car nuts!

I was hoping to get some of your feedback on items you all would be interested in. Please visit our website www.kappasphere.com and fill out our product survey. Thank you for your input.

Please PM me with any questions.

Thanks,

Lillie Jaffe

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Lillie - I hope you've cleared this with Troy Roberts, per the PM I forwarded on.

Everyone else - Lillie had asked Troy and I about posting, so I assume that Troy approves of her survey request. If he doesn't, then we'll find out soon :thumbs:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
solsticeman said:
Lillie - I hope you've cleared this with Troy Roberts, per the PM I forwarded on.

Everyone else - Lillie had asked Troy and I about posting, so I assume that Troy approves of her survey request. If he doesn't, then we'll find out soon :thumbs:
I never heard back from him after a couple of attempts, so I hope I am not offending anyone by proceeding on with my product survey. I still want to advertise and support the forums, so just let me know how.

I'm getting ready to place some orders for wheels and other accessories. Turn around time is 60-90 days on some of the items so I wanted to start early. The sooner I can place orders, the sooner they can be made and the sooner we all have cool parts for our cars.

It's tough when a new car comes out on the market since it typically takes a couple of years for the aftermarket to develop and produce decent products. I used to own a 2000 Celica GT-S (new model year), and I waited a year and a half before I could start fitting something as simple as lowering springs. It wasn't until 3 years later when I finally had the car set up the way I wanted it. I hope we can get some cool parts for the Solstice a lot sooner than that. :cool:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Filled it out, mainly I'm just looking for performance stuff, however since I'm still living at home and kicked out of the garage by my parents cars & Harley I'll definitely get a car cover asap.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Can't wait to see what kind of stuff you've got!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I can vouch for Lillie and Shinoo of Sector 111 being great folks to deal with. Bought a number of items for my elise from them. All top quality stuff. If Kappasphere is even close in performance of sector 111 expect lots of goodies both cosmetic and performance to be available from them first. Sector111 was just about the first on the aftermarket scene for the elise.

Take a look at www.sector111.com and see the quality of some of the goodies they make for the elise, this will give you a good idea of the gang!

BTW>I'm in no way affiliated with them but think it's helpful to provide positive experiences about new companies.

Cheers
Chris

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Survey looks good. Look forward to seeing some of that stuff (and you guys becoming a supporting vendor). Thanks Lillie.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
We've permitted other companies to do interest guaging posting. However when it comes to product promotion/selling you then have to become a supporting vendor.

I'm fairly familiar with Sector 111 and your products, hope you guys make some quality stuff for the Solstice. 3M items are very important to me.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Fortimir said:
Sector 111 stuff is hella expensive!
Because they make limited parts for an exotic car that sells now ~5000 (with the USA version making up like ~2500 of that I think) world wide. It's the economy of size. If they have a limited market to sell into they can realisticly only make so many at a time unfortunately keeping pries higher. With ~30k Kappas a year being made they'll have a much larger market to sell into helping keep prices down. They'll also have stiffer competition which will also drive price/quality competition.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks brentil. You understand our predicament. Another issue is that many of Sector111 suppliers are in Britain. Our exchange rate is not too favorable at the moment.

It will be easier to keep prices down when we can order in higher volumes. Also, KappaSphere's suppliers will be primarily US based.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Some of the responses are much different than we expected, proving how important it is to have these surveys. We hope to supply products that people want, which is not always what we think people want. Thanks again for all your support. And fell free to PM or email anytime with suggestions or concerns. We really appreciate your feedback.

·
Registered
763 Posts
any idea what some of the things you'll offer are yet? I know that You're reading surveys to decide this but anything that you're pretty sure you will offer?

·
Registered
245 Posts
great survey. i hope they open up soon so i can see what they come up with. anything to make it go faster. :cool:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
GradSoulStice said:
any idea what some of the things you'll offer are yet? I know that You're reading surveys to decide this but anything that you're pretty sure you will offer?
Wheels, exhausts, fitted luggage, car covers...just to name a few. Those will certainly be some of the first things we will offer. Some items will require more development time, and as we drive our cars we will certainly think of things that we want/need.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
swatthefly said:
its nice to know that if we think of something, you guys will actually take it into consideration. that alone speaks volumes!
Like I mentioned before, we are all just a bunch of car nuts. We are not just in this business to pay the bills, but to create cool stuff for our own cars. We are all very active in car clubs and meets, so we are constantly getting ideas, feeback, and assistance from owners. In fact, Shinoo (the owner) and I met through the car club almost 2 years ago (as we both patiently waited for our Elises), and circumstance and opportunity led me to work for Sector111 back in March. It is, by far, the coolest job I have ever had in my life. Not only do I get to talk cars all day, but I get to make cool new parts AND test them. We are a small company, so little ideas can make a big difference, and your support makes us the company that we are.

Now I need a :grouphug: You'll have to excuse me...I can be a bit sappy at times. Sometimes I'm too much girl and not enough car nut.

Back on track...the gears are turning in my head about these cool new Kappa cars. I can't wait to drive one, then take it apart, then put it back together and make it even better. :devil:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Happy to help with the survey and the hope of kewl things to come. Thanks

1 - 20 of 59 Posts